file NEW CARDS. From the Primogen of the Baali!

21 Sep 2011 08:50 - 21 Sep 2011 08:53 #10680 by Baaliprimogen
Ecaterina the Wise
Brujah Antitribu
Cap 9
:dom: :CEL: :POT: :PRE:
Sabbat Bishop
+1 stealth agains Camarilla vampires. Ecaterina may burn two blood to call a referendum requiering a Camarilla Prince.

Synner-G
Gangrel Antitribu
Cap 3
:obf:
Sabbat
Synner-G untaps if he successfully equips with a Laptop Computer. He also gets +1 stealth while bleeding with Computer Hacking and/or Laptop Computer.

Falstaff
Malkavian Antitribu
Cap 8
:obf: :pot: :AUS: :DEM:
Sabbat. Black Hand. Falstaff may enter combat with any younger non-Black Hand Vampire. During combat he may play any card from your research area, as it was from your hand.

El Diablo Verde
Nosferatu Antitribu
Cap 3
:POT:
Sabbat. At close range, El Diabo Verde and the opposing minion may only make hand strikes.

Soeur Jeanne
Toreador Antitribu
Cap 7
:cel: :AUS: :PRE:
Sabbat. +1 bleed against infernal. +1 bleed against Bahari

Naomi McKellar
Ventrue Antitribu
Cap 7
:dom: :for: :AUS: :OBF:
Sabbat Once during your untap phase, you may move the top card of any other meths. library to your research area.

Lord Marcus
Lasombra
Cap 9
:dom: :pot: :AUS: :OBT:
Sabbat. Obtenbration cards cost Lord Marcus 1 less blood. If Path of Night is in play Lord Marcus gets +1 bleed, +1 stealth, +1 intercept and +1 strength

Josephine the Seamstress of Flesh
Tzimisce
Cap 4
:aus: :VIC:
Sabbat Josephine may play any :vic: Vicissitude card from your research area as it was from your hand

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 08:53 by Baaliprimogen. Reason: typo :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2011 11:31 - 21 Sep 2011 11:51 #10693 by technobabble66
I'm not necessarily good w accurately gauging the power-curve, but here are my immediate thoughts:

*Ecaterina the Wise

Looks v g & strong, maybe a bit too strong so need to drop the +1 stealth bit

*Synner-G

Similarly, i'd play him in any weenie OBF deck just with the first part of the caption. Maybe drop the 2nd sentence

*Falstaff

Looks great. V g idea w BH & Research tech

*El Diablo Verde

General caption is a great idea. Not sure about the overall minion tho. A 3-cap w POT seems pretty good by itself. A minion w an inbuilt Immortal Grapple is awesome. Rolling it all into 1 seems a bit much tho. Maybe either make it a 4-5 cap, or redesign the cap/disc's of the minion & then add the caption. Maybe give leave it as a 3-cap !Nos, but give it ANI or OBF instead.
Maybe add a negative caption to balance also

*Soeur Jeanne

Seems great. A little tech to shaft infernal & especially Bahari is welcome.

*Naomi McKellar

Seems great. Interesting caption

*Lord Marcus

Generally good, but for a 9-cap the Discipline combo is odd; and the 2 sentence abt Path of Night is waaay too strong. Maybe better to drop the 2nd sentence (or just keep 1 buff, eg: the +1 str) & bring up the disc's to include POT (tho it's hard to ignore how good any 9-cap is w DOM!)

*Josephine the Seamstress of Flesh

Seems great, tho a bit too strong for a 4-cap. Maybe make her a 5-cap?
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 11:51 by technobabble66.

More
21 Sep 2011 13:01 - 21 Sep 2011 13:03 #10698 by Ankha
Ecaterina the Wise
Brujah Antitribu
Cap 9
Sabbat bishop:+1 stealth against Camarilla vampires. Ecaterina may burn two blood to call a referendum that requires a Camarilla Prince.

The stealth wording is weird, but anyway I'll drop it. She already has useful disciplines plus a very strong special and a title. I would make her archbishop though.

=>
Ecaterina the Wise
Brujah Antitribu
Cap 9
Sabbat Archbishop of Prague: Ecaterina may burn two blood to call a referendum that requires a Camarilla Prince.

Synner-G
Gangrel Antitribu
Cap 3
Sabbat: Synner-G untaps if he successfully equips with a Laptop Computer. He also gets +1 stealth while bleeding with Computer Hacking and/or Laptop Computer.

Seems fine.

Falstaff
Malkavian Antitribu
Cap 8
Sabbat. Black Hand: Falstaff may enter combat with a younger non-Black Hand vampire as a (D) action. During combat he may play any card from your research area, as it was from your hand.

Nice idea, though I don't know if it will be very useful for a !Malkavian (even with pot).

I would reword it though (see Erciyes Fragments).

Falstaff
Malkavian Antitribu
Cap 8
Sabbat. Black Hand: Falstaff may enter combat with a younger non-Black Hand vampire as a (D) action. He may play combat cards from your research area as if playing them from your hand.

El Diablo Verde
Nosferatu Antitribu
Cap 3
Sabbat: At close range, El Diabo Verde and the opposing minion may only use hand strikes.

He's undercosted. See Arriette Sylla or Stick. His grapple like effect is not a drawback. I would make it:

El Diablo Verde
Nosferatu Antitribu
Cap 3
Sabbat: At close range, El Diabo Verde may only use hand strikes.

Sœur Jeanne
Toreador Antitribu
Cap 7
Sabbat: +1 bleed against infernal. +1 bleed against Bahari

She's overcosted. I would make her 6-cap. The wording is odd here too.

Sœur Jeanne
Toreador Antitribu
Cap 6
Sabbat: Sœur Jeanne gets +1 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready infernal vampire. Sœur Jeanne gets +1 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready Bahari vampire.

Naomi McKellar
Ventrue Antitribu
Cap 7
Sabbat: Once during your untap phase, you may move the top card of any other Methuselah's library to your research area.

This is more a Harbinger's special. The discipline splash is strange.

Naomi McKellar
Ventrue Antitribu
Cap 7
Sabbat: During your untap phase, you may move the top card of any other Methuselah's library to your research area.

Lord Marcus
Lasombra
Cap 9
Sabbat: Obtenebration cards cost Lord Marcus 1 less blood. If The Path of Night is in play, Lord Marcus gets +1 bleed, +1 stealth, +1 intercept, and +1 strength

Seems fine to me. His special is nice, but he doesn't have many disciplines for a 9-cap. I would drop the blood reducer though, because it's unnecessary.

Lord Marcus
Lasombra
Cap 9
Sabbat: If The Path of Night is in play, Lord Marcus gets +1 bleed, +1 stealth, +1 intercept, and +1 strength.

Josephine, The Seamstress of Flesh
Tzimisce
Cap 4
Sabbat: Josephine may play any :vic: Vicissitude card from your research area as it was from your hand

She's ok. I changed the wording to match Erciyes'.

Josephine, The Seamstress of Flesh
Tzimisce
Cap 4
Sabbat: Josephine may play cards that require Viscissitude [vic] from your research area as if playing them from your hand.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 13:03 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baaliprimogen

More
21 Sep 2011 13:18 #10700 by Brum
I like the cards allot, after the tweaks from Ankha.
I love cannon vampire releases.
Maybe El Diablo Verde's weakness is not enough.

"El Diablo Verde may not equip or use ranged weapons", due to his Pro Wrestling background.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baaliprimogen

More
21 Sep 2011 13:28 #10701 by Mael

Ecaterina the Wise
Brujah Antitribu
Cap 9
Sabbat Bishop
+1 stealth agains Camarilla vampires. Ecaterina may burn two blood to call a referendum requiring a Camarilla Prince.

Interesting vampire. Why not an Archbishop?
Her first special needs to be reworded. Probably should be "Camarilla vampires get -1 intercept when attempting to block Ecaterina". In her second special, the word "Camarilla" is redundant.
I think overall she's slightly overcost. Her second special is interesting but, in a deck built using those votes, she'd either be the only vampire you have able to call them, or she'd be worse at calling them than your other vampires. So not as powerful a special as it first seems.

Synner-G
Gangrel Antitribu
Cap 3
Sabbat
Synner-G untaps if he successfully equips with a Laptop Computer. He also gets +1 stealth while bleeding with Computer Hacking and/or Laptop Computer

Too cheap. I'd give him one or the other of those specials, not both.

Falstaff
Malkavian Antitribu
Cap 8
Sabbat. Black Hand. Falstaff may enter combat with any younger non-Black Hand Vampire. During combat he may play any card from your research area, as it was from your hand.

With the currently existing research tech, he's severely underpowered. If that situation changes, he's probably still about 1 point short of where he should be.

El Diablo Verde
Nosferatu Antitribu
Cap 3
Sabbat. At close range, El Diabo Verde and the opposing minion may only make hand strikes.

Far too strong. A 3 cap with :POT: is already a very good (but balanced) vampire. With his special he should either be higher capacity, or have a crippling disadvantage.

Soeur Jeanne
Toreador Antitribu
Cap 7
Sabbat. +1 bleed against infernal. +1 bleed against Bahari

Not worth 7 cap, should be 6. Her first bonus is conditional on a very rare trait, her second on a trait that can only be given by someone to their own vampires and no-one in the game starts with.
Also, her text should be reworded, assuming you want her abilities to stack it should read "Soeur Jeanne gets +1 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready infernal minion, and an additional +1 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready Bahari."

Naomi McKellar
Ventrue Antitribu
Cap 7
Sabbat Once during your untap phase, you may move the top card of any other meths. library to your research area.

Seems balanced. Would be interesting in a Harbringers mill deck (2 of their G6 have :obf: / :OBF:).

Lord Marcus
Lasombra
Cap 9
Sabbat. Obtenbration cards cost Lord Marcus 1 less blood. If Path of Night is in play Lord Marcus gets +1 bleed, +1 stealth, +1 intercept and +1 strength

His second special is probably too powerful to put on a 9 cap vampire. I know his discipline spread is hideously low to balance this, but I don't think it works overall.

Josephine the Seamstress of Flesh
Tzimisce
Cap 4
Sabbat Josephine may play any :vic: Vicissitude card from your research area as it was from your hand

As it stands, this is balanced. It depends on whether the designers intend for many more uses of the research area. I would probably suggest a minor disadvantage (eg a penalty against a specific clan).

More
21 Sep 2011 15:46 #10729 by Baaliprimogen
Thanks for your feedback! Good suggestions. All the Vamps are VtM cannon. Thanks for all the rewording. Not so good there.

Ecaterina
In VtM she is Bishop in New York before the siege. After the siege she is still there. But everybody thinks she is Camarilla. Hench her special. I guess we could drop the +1 stealth. Her title...not sure. Bishop if you go by VtM, she is also a important vampire in Prague in the Dark Ages. So yeah, she could be a Archbishop there.

Synner-G
Hum. Do you think that his wording is worth more than 1 capacity?

Falstaff
The idea was to improve the research mechanic. And to use it with Art of War card. Se below. I had originally included :cel: in his skill sett. But removed it. Maybe he should get :for: instead.

El Diablo Verde
Wrestler. In VtM he is a 13gen !nos with Potence level 5. So that's why he's 3cap with :POT: but I agree. He is overpowered. I think he should still be cap3 but maybe only give him :pot:. Do you think "El Diablo Verde may not equip or use ranged weapons" is enough to grant him :POT: and cap3?

Sœur Jeanne
Yeah. Cap 6 would maybe be fine. Then she is very good. I'm a little afraid to give vampires too good a wording and not justify it with a little higher cap. (Not including El Diabol :whistle: )

Naomi McKellar
She is a Sabbat spy in Melbourne. That's why I gave her :OBF:

Lord Marcus
Ok. I did go a little over the top here. In VtM he is rewarded as the founder of the Path of Night. I gave him :AUS: to be able to play Shadowed Eyes as superior.

************************NEW CARDS*****************
Written in other posts.

Art Deco
Malkavian Antitribu
cap 5
:aus: :obf: :DEM:
Sabbat. Art Deco may play any :dem: dementation card from your research area as it was from your hand.

Art of War
Master
But any number of combat cards from your hand to your research area. Or discard this card as an out-of-turn master card during combat. In that combat, your vampire may play any combat card (requierments must be meet) from your research area.

My truth
Action Modifier
+1 bleed if the Methuselah you are bleeding has a minion of the same sub-sect as the acting vampire (Bahari, Anarch, Black Hand)

Lillian Hierophant
Action
Requiers a Bahari. Unique
This Bahari gains 2 additional votes. Any titled vampire of the same sect may burn this card as a (D) action.

All Hail Lillitu
Action
Requiers a Bahari
This vampire gains +x bleed. Where X is the number of torture counters controlled on the methuselah beeing bleed. Any non-bahari vampire may enter combat with this vampire.

Power of Lillith
Master
Cost X
Requiers Bahari
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose either :mel: :myt: :obe: :san: :spi: :tem: :thn: :val: :vis:. This vampire gains 1 level of that Discipline. X is the number of other Power of Lillith in play.

I know what you are!
Action
Cost 1 pool.
(D) Only usable against a Bahari of the same non-independent sect. That Bahari goes to topor and becomes independent.

Collecting the Bounty
Action Modifier/Reaction
Usable by a tapped vampire.
Only usable after a combat involving this Vampire and a minion with a contract naming this Vampire. Only usable if the opposing minion is not ready and this Vampire is ready. This Vampire gains a Trophy that is in play, and the contract is burned if still in play.

Clensing the herasy.
Requiers a Justicar, Inner Circle, Regent, Priscus or Cardinal
Political Action
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. All non-Bahari vampires gets +1 intercept against actions made by Bahari vampires. And the may enter combat with them as a +1 stealth action.

Judgment: Bahari
Type: Action
Requires: prince,justicar, Archbishop, Cardinal, Priscus
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. Each Methuselah controlling a Bahari vampire burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase. Any Methuselah may burn this card by burning a Bahari vampire he or she controls during his or her master phase.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds