Card idea: Namtaru was created by Ankha
Name: Namtaru
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Baali
Group: Any (or could be 6)
Capacity: 11
Disciplines: DAI DOM FOR OBF POT PRE THA
Independent:
Namtaru is immune to damage. During each other Methuselah's untap phase, he or she burns 1 pool. When Namtaru comes into play, remove from play a ready Baali of capacity 10 or more you control. +2 bleed. +2 strength. Flight. Infernal.

Here's some background about Namtaru and the Baali in general (summary taken from planet-vampire and other sources)
Warning: Spoiler!

Namtaru could be a 11-cap vampire requiring a great sacrifice to be brung back to this world. Once awaken, such a vampire couldn't be easily beaten (thus its immunity) and is also called the Plague Bringer (thus its Contagion-like ability). The mix of disciplines comes from Hutizilopochtly and Nergal.

Once out, it can be quite powerful, but it is quite hard to reach that point.

Considering a player with 6 influence per turn (Information Highway), it requires a 21-pool investment on 4 turns. Even with a Villein on the first vampire out (Nergal for example), it is VERY expensive. It is quite a challenge to put it into play.

Another way would be to use a Summon History Trick. It requires though to play a True Brujah with Ankara + Clan Impersonation. Not sure it's a better way to do it.

Just as a reminder: if you bring out Namtaru and you don't control any other Baali, it would remove itself from play.

Strong as it appears, it may be in fact underpowered. In the end you still get a single vampire with all the weakness big single vampire have (Pentex Subversion, only 1 action etc.) Maybe its Contagion effect could be raised to 2 pool per turn.

Thoughts?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 07:27 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 08:16 #11187 by Mephistopheles
My first reaction was he is overpowered, but thinking it through he maybe isn't. He defintily is a number 1 Pentex attractor on any table.

The only big problem I got with him is the immune to damage ability. Let's say you build a multi-rush deck and he gets a Preternatural Strength + Heroic Might. You can risk to bring him down to 1 blood since he takes no damage and therefore you can attack any target and just taste of vitae like hell.

Also he can Disarm just right away. A Disarm - Decapitate multirush?

Complete immunity seems to strong to me. Taking half damage rounded up would be strong enough, so he can't auto disarm.

He seems like a funky dude though. Wouldn't mind to play something like that.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
30 Sep 2011 08:21 #11188 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru
Well, interesting. But he is way off points-wise. I'd count it for 21 points, not considerung the disadvantage.
11-caps should have about 14 (11+3).

More
30 Sep 2011 08:39 #11190 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

The only big problem I got with him is the immune to damage ability. Let's say you build a multi-rush deck and he gets a Preternatural Strength + Heroic Might. You can risk to bring him down to 1 blood since he takes no damage and therefore you can attack any target and just taste of vitae like hell.

Also he can Disarm just right away. A Disarm - Decapitate multirush?

I don't know if it's a real issue. On paper, it's quite insane but
- at 1 blood, he may be targetted by a Sleep of Reason, or any blood stealing ability that would force him to hunt
- Decapitate requires him to keep 3 blood at least.

In fact, any vampire with Preternatural strength facing anyone who hits for 1 can perform the same trick.

Well, interesting. But he is way off points-wise. I'd count it for 21 points, not considerung the disadvantage.

That's perfect, he costs 21 point of influence to get out.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Sep 2011 09:06 - 30 Sep 2011 09:06 #11194 by Mephistopheles
In 8 years of v:tes I have never seen a Sleep of Reason being played :)

But hey I just realized I love your card. I am a big fan of big cap multi rush decks, like my Hardestadt deck was. So I'd be more than happy to play with this guy. :evil:

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 09:06 by Mephistopheles. Reason: typo

More
30 Sep 2011 09:25 #11196 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

That's perfect, he costs 21 point of influence to get out.

Um, no. The points formula is there to balance vampires wrt their capacity, disciplines and specials.
Each vampire has to be taken for himself, points wise. You can attach a disadvantage (e.g. the vampire-removal thing), to balance the points. However, this is not balanced.
You can bring out a 10-cap Baali, and Villein down to 1, then take a big bleed action that costs a blood, and remove him at the end of the influence phase for the Namtaru.
How do you properly rate the pool you regained and the actions the vampire took into the disadvantage?
You can't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miketheknife

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds