file Card idea: Namtaru

04 Oct 2011 02:24 #11437 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru
I'd say "Immune to damage from vampires" or "immune to hand damage" might be better. (The latter is interesting when you consider how often this guy would be grappling...)

But, overall, I don't like how he's basically your entire game. Enkidu is bad enough that way; if this guy dies, you spend the game powerless and annoyed - and if he doesn't, the rest of the table feels powerless and annoyed.

And I don't think the game needs more reasons for people to play Pentex.

That said: I think Namtaru and the Children are an interesting part of the Baali backstory. There should be some way to bring them in - but I don't think vampires or allies are the right way to go there.

Perhaps Namtaru should be something that collects counters over time, and people can take actions to add or remove them. If it has 10 or more, Infernal vampires get bonuses. If it gets 20 counters, everyone loses the game. I mean, you are playing a Methuselah here - if a Cthulhoid monstrosity emerges and starts chewing on a big chunk of the world, I don't think anyone really wins the Jyhad, know what I mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2011 04:57 - 04 Oct 2011 04:59 #11440 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

In 8 years of v:tes I have never seen a Sleep of Reason being played :)

I´ll second that.

Also, this vampire can multi-act with for, or?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 04:59 by Ashur.

More
04 Oct 2011 07:06 #11453 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

I'd say "Immune to damage from vampires" or "immune to hand damage" might be better. (The latter is interesting when you consider how often this guy would be grappling...)

But, overall, I don't like how he's basically your entire game. Enkidu is bad enough that way; if this guy dies, you spend the game powerless and annoyed - and if he doesn't, the rest of the table feels powerless and annoyed.

And I don't think the game needs more reasons for people to play Pentex.

That said: I think Namtaru and the Children are an interesting part of the Baali backstory. There should be some way to bring them in - but I don't think vampires or allies are the right way to go there.

Perhaps Namtaru should be something that collects counters over time, and people can take actions to add or remove them. If it has 10 or more, Infernal vampires get bonuses. If it gets 20 counters, everyone loses the game. I mean, you are playing a Methuselah here - if a Cthulhoid monstrosity emerges and starts chewing on a big chunk of the world, I don't think anyone really wins the Jyhad, know what I mean?

Yes, there are other options. I was just suggesting one.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Oct 2011 21:40 - 04 Oct 2011 21:45 #11499 by Wookie813
Replied by Wookie813 on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

I like the idea, but agree he need not be a playable minion (given his power level equals or exceeds that of a methuselah)

Namtaru's Rising
Event. Gehenna.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. Do not replace until a methuselah has been ousted. You may use your discard phase action to deal X unpreventable damage to a minion controlled by another methuselah, where X is the number of counters on this card. During your untap phase, add a counter to this card and pass control of it to your predator.

edit: Any methuselah may use a master phase action to discard a master card and burn one counter from this card.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 21:45 by Wookie813.

More
05 Oct 2011 05:41 #11510 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru

I like the idea, but agree he need not be a playable minion (given his power level equals or exceeds that of a methuselah)

Namtaru's Rising
Event. Gehenna.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. Do not replace until a methuselah has been ousted. You may use your discard phase action to deal X unpreventable damage to a minion controlled by another methuselah, where X is the number of counters on this card. During your untap phase, add a counter to this card and pass control of it to your predator.

edit: Any methuselah may use a master phase action to discard a master card and burn one counter from this card.

This one's way too fast to trigger. I think it should come into play with a counter and gain a counter only when it's used. Just think what would happen when it has, like, 4 counters, and after a while there's no minions left on the table. Just a wee bit cumbersome. :)

The Namtaru idea is a fun one, though. Just needs a bit of brainstorming. Personally I think it would be fun to see another variation of the Great Beast. Like, something gathering counters, and when it reaches the top things start dying.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Oct 2011 09:12 - 07 Oct 2011 09:12 #11599 by Tomas
Replied by Tomas on topic Re: Card idea: Namtaru
Sorry if this is abit OOT, but I´ve always personally felt leaning towards a merged text for an advanced Mary the Black since she diablerizes an ancient 4th generation vampire and is later transformed into an archdeamon in wod canon. Costing that properly is another matter, but then you also bring in the step of actuallt merging her and putting the superstar Baali in group 2 which isnt so rife with great Baalis albeit one glaring exception.

Merge text could be something along the lines of "If Mary diablerizes an older vampire then yadda yadda" ie remove Mary from the game and put a deamon into play that...insert effect or perhaps simpler Mary gains 4 capacity and superior (insert row of disciplines) and....

Which would make such a super vampire alot harder to get (merging and diablerizing) and fits very snuggly canonwise.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2011 09:12 by Tomas.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds