file Card ideas

01 Oct 2011 15:58 - 01 Oct 2011 16:54 #11290 by munnen
Card ideas was created by munnen
I´ve been following some of the discussions concerning a new sabbat "expansion" and wanted to participate in the creation of cards by this little card. I haven´t seen all new ideas from people of this forum so maybe this idea have already been made.
Anyhow, lets see how you welcome this:

Chain of Violence:action:
1:blood:
usable by a sabbat vampire
do not replace until after combat(s)

enter combat with an ally or younger vampire as a (d) action.
At the end of combat, if the opposing minion is not ready, this vampire may burn one blood to enter combat with another minion controlled by the same methusela. This is not considered a (d) action and in the resulting combat the opposing minion is considered acting.

So, what say you, too strong/weak?

Another:

Brute
Master:archetype

Put this card on a sabbat vampire you control. If minions opposing this vampire in combat is sent to torpor or is burned, this vampire gains two blood from the blood bank. A vampire may only have one archetype
Last edit: 01 Oct 2011 16:54 by munnen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2011 16:45 - 01 Oct 2011 16:48 #11291 by Surreal
Looks interesting and potentially strong. But wouldn't play it because of "ally or younger vampire" clause so I would remove it. I want my rush cards to hit every threat. I would change second combat to require tapped ally or younger vampire (or vampire with 3 blood or lower). First rush could also work against tapped minions only.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2011 16:48 by Surreal.

More
01 Oct 2011 16:56 #11293 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Card ideas
Topic moved in the right section ;)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
01 Oct 2011 17:06 #11295 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Card ideas

I´ve been following some of the discussions concerning a new sabbat "expansion" and wanted to participate in the creation of cards by this little card. I haven´t seen all new ideas from people of this forum so maybe this idea have already been made.
Anyhow, lets see how you welcome this:

Chain of Violence:action:
1:blood:
usable by a sabbat vampire
do not replace until after combat(s)

enter combat with an ally or younger vampire as a (d) action.
At the end of combat, if the opposing minion is not ready, this vampire may burn one blood to enter combat with another minion controlled by the same methusela. This is not considered a (d) action and in the resulting combat the opposing minion is considered acting.

So, what say you, too strong/weak?

The effect is strong enough to warrant stealth cards in a rush deck, which leads to interesting deck design dilemmas. I like this card a lot, on many different levels.

Another:

Brute

Put this card on a sabbat vampire you control. If minions opposing this vampire in combat is sent to torpor or is burned, this vampire gains two blood from the blood bank. A vampire may only have one archetype

A strictly better Sociopath in every way. Powered up versions of old cards have traditionally been designed with at least a token disadvantage.

More
02 Oct 2011 07:34 #11306 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Card ideas

Brute

A strictly better Sociopath in every way. Powered up versions of old cards have traditionally been designed with at least a token disadvantage.

The disadvantage is that you can play it only on a sabbat vampire.

I find Chain of Violence very, probably too strong. Enter combat with two opposing minions with just one action is superb. Though on the other hand you have three requirements: your minion has to be older, has to be sabbat and you cannot redraw instantly. And it costs a blood. Hm. What if the second minion has to be younger too? That would level it even more and benefits older vampires more. It is hard to build a rushdeck with big caps anyway.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
02 Oct 2011 07:47 #11307 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Card ideas

The disadvantage is that you can play it only on a sabbat vampire.

Same as Sociopath, and I don't think it needs fixing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds