file "After successful referendum"-effect-cards

07 Oct 2011 22:11 #11640 by direwolf

bleed like you've been juggling chainsaws...

That is all, thank you.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2011 03:26 #11648 by direwolf
Preface: I know your card ideas were ideas of what could be done, you made that clear. I do the same thing: I throw shit out there that may seem outside the box, and I hope someone else takes it and runs with it. So that's what I'm doing here.

Ok, the main problem with the cards is that many of them give basically give you a free action or another card effect by calling a successful vote. IE, you get a retainer, or a bleed reduction or a rush action.

I'll go through each idea and put my thoughts on balancing it. If I have other ideas, I'll post a seperate response.

Voice of the wild
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Animalism
Only usable after resolving a successful referendum called by this
acting vampire.
[ani] Put this card on the acting vampire as an animal retainer with 1
life. This vampire gets +1 bleed when bleeding your prey.
[ANI] Put this card in play under your control as an animal ally with 1 life, 1 strength and 1 bleed.

I think it's a neat idea to give a vote deck with animalism some synch with their animalism retainers. But giving them a retainer or ally for dealing damage to their prey or gaining pool? That's a little strong.

Voice of the Wild
:modifier:
Only usable after a successful referendum. Rider. (only one rider may be played each action.)
:ani: Put this card in play. Vampires with animal retainers gain one vote.
:ANI: as :ani: above, and you may tap this card to give a vampire with an animal retainer +1 bleed.

Mad cacklings
Discipline: Dementation
acting vampire.
[dem] Burn 2 blood from a vampire that voted against the referendum.
[DEM] Burn 2 blood from any vampire.

There isn't anything terribly wrong with this card. However, restricting the target to your prey or predator might be in line, and it jives well with cards like "The Haunting"

It could work a little like you suggested, but I dont' agree with the superior. Instead of recommending a fix, I will give you my take on how dementation should screw with the table.

Rider in Tongues
Only usable after a successful referendum. Rider. (only one rider may be played each action.)
:dem: Put this card on a vampire who voted against this referendum. That vampire gets -1 vote when this acting minion is calling a referendum.
:DEM: As :dem: above, and that vampire burns a blood when casting a vote.

Always remember, never forget
Discipline: Quitus
acting vampire.
[qui] Put this card on the acting vampire. Burn this card to enter
combat with a vampire which voted against the referendum as a D
action.
[QUI] Put this card on the vampire. Burn this card to enter combat
with any vampire as a D action.

I think this card idea is great except entering combat has nothing to do with quietus, and more to do with the clan Assamite. Also, contracts are awesome, and have some great synch with other cards:

Always Remember
:asam:
Only usable after a successful referendum. Contract. Rider. (only one rider may be played each action.)
Put this card on a minion that voted against this referendum, and name an Assamite. That Assamite may enter combat with that minion as a +1 stealth action.

Whispers from the past
Discipline: Necromancy
acting vampire. Remove this card from the game when it is played.
[nec] If the action is successful, move one card played by this
vampire during this action from your ash heap to your hand. Discard
down to your hand size.
[NEC] If the action is successful, move one card from your ash heap to
your hand. Discard down to your hand size.

Great card. I wouldn't change it.

Puzzling performance
Discipline: Chimerstry
acting vampire.
[chi] Tap a ready vampire.
[CHI] Put this card on any vampire. Tap that vampire; he or she does
not untap as normal during his or her controller's untap phase. Burn
this card during your next untap phase.

The basic version is weaker than "Disarming Presence", but that has to played up front, and the superior seems ok, except that it has no relevance to the vote action.

Dancing Script
1 :blood:
:chi: Tap all minions that voted against this referendum, except for your own.
:CHI: As above, and put this card on a minion that voted against the referendum. Burn this card instead of untapping that minion.

Premonitions
Discipline: Auspex
acting vampire.
[aus] Put this card on this vampire. You may burn this card when a
bleed against you is successful to reduce the bleed by 2.
[AUS] Put this card on this vampire. You may burn this card when a
bleed against you is successful to reduce the bleed by 3.

As someone who loves Toreador vote decks this card is filthy. Once again, there should be a connection to the vote at hand, and it does a bit too much, considering Telepathic Counter is 1 and 2 bleed reduction.

Prophetic Rider
:aus: Put this card on a minion voting against this referendum. That minion gets -1 bleed against this acting minion's controller.
:AUS: As :aus: above with -2 bleed.

Discrediting words
Clan: Ventrue antitribu
acting vampire.
Put this card on any vampire. That vampire has -1 vote.

I like this. Add "Kindred Manupulation" and you are officially an asshole. Good times :)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds