file No More Bounce Cards

18 Oct 2011 14:55 #12217 by Dorrinal
We do not need any more Deflections in the game. A new bounce card would:
  • Inhibit creativity in deck design.
  • Create a hostile metagame for stealth bleed decks, which should be a viable deck type.
  • Further blur the distinction among the various disciplines.

When I am not at work I'll be happy to further explain and defend my position. But I believe the case is quite strong. We do not need more bounce.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2011 15:00 #12219 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards
I disagree. Dominate and Auspex could use a few more bounce options :P

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
18 Oct 2011 15:07 #12221 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

We do not need any more Deflections in the game. A new bounce card would:
  • Inhibit creativity in deck design.
  • Create a hostile metagame for stealth bleed decks, which should be a viable deck type.
  • Further blur the distinction among the various disciplines.

When I am not at work I'll be happy to further explain and defend my position. But I believe the case is quite strong. We do not need more bounce.

/signed

More
18 Oct 2011 16:16 #12226 by henrik
Replied by henrik on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards
I think I agree. Adding bounce to each and everyone would be rather boring and probably bad for the game in the long run.
Adding something that weighs up for bounce would probably be good though, since dominate and auspex have a huge advantage due to those cards.

More
18 Oct 2011 17:10 #12229 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards
I will have to post the most unpopular and least contributive post on all forums, but it sums up my feelings about chimestry bounce, fortitude bounce and temporis bounce ideas floating around forum recently.

I agree completely with the OP! Nice summed up, Dorrinal, no explanation needed! :-D

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
18 Oct 2011 21:58 #12242 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

do not need any more Deflections in the game. A new bounce card would:

Inhibit creativity in deck design.
Create a hostile metagame for stealth bleed decks, which should be a viable deck type.
Further blur the distinction among the various disciplines.

If we do not need more bounce, we need Lost in Translation to not be unplayble. Remove "younger" from it. There, discplineless (although costly) bounce. There are hundreds of vampires above capacity 7 that never see play for the simple reason that they don't have AUS or dom.

Pool defense, for a LOT of archtypes, has resorted to retarded amounts of poolgain, up to the point where you simply cannot oust them within the time limit unless you pack some serious +bleed, increasing the need for bounce or even MORE retarded amounts of poolgain.

Go!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds