file No More Bounce Cards

21 Oct 2011 21:06 - 21 Oct 2011 21:08 #12584 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

That kind of card requires very much thinking and testing to see how it changes game.

Probably I should've made it more explicit that this one was a Joke. With a capital J.

I'd really hate to have that kind of a card printed. Ever. Then again, I hated the printing and legalisation of Lilith's Blessing and that one event that destroys weenies.

I mean, just think what !Ventrue could do with Dom and For if that card was printed.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 21 Oct 2011 21:08 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2011 21:10 #12585 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

That kind of card requires very much thinking and testing to see how it changes game.

Probably I should've made it more explicit that this one was a Joke. With a capital J.

I'd really hate to have that kind of a card printed. Ever. Then again, I hated the printing and legalisation of Lilith's Blessing and that one event that destroys weenies.

Oh, I didn't feel it was joke :P. There has been some anti bounce discussion and I can understand it. Those cards would just changes things too much and it is hard to predict to what way.

More
24 Oct 2011 14:08 #12733 by jamesatzephyr

Bounce redirects that pool damage to one's prey. So even the best non-bounce bleed defense doesn't hurt the stealth bleed deck's viability in the same way.

To the same extent, not necessarily, no. But it's not the case that all future bleed defence cards have to be passive, like bleed reduction. You could include offensive mechanics in them. e.g.
    Phantasmal Scapegoat. Reaction. Chimerstry. [Some cost or restriction or one per action or something - I don't care what exactly.]
    [chi] Something bland.
    [CHI] Reduce a bleed against you by 2. Additionally, if this action is successful (even if the bleed amount is zero), you may burn up to 2 blood from a vampire controlled by your prey or up to 2 life from an ally controlled by your prey at the end of the action.

Best card ever? No, of course not. But you can make cards offensive without making them bleed bounce.

In a competitive environment, stealth-bleed is viable. If bounce cards become available such that every competitive deck can play it, I would expect stealth-bleed to become a poor deck type.

Even in highly competitive tournaments, where anti-stealth-bleed tech is rife, stealth-bleed still seems to be viable.

More
24 Oct 2011 16:15 #12740 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

Best card ever? No, of course not. But you can make cards offensive without making them bleed bounce.

Yes, I totally agree. There are lots and lots and lots of effects to explore for this game - we have only scratched the surface!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
24 Oct 2011 16:48 #12741 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards
Let me put it this way: if bounce is rock to bleed's scissors, the metagame would be worse off if every viable deck can play rock. And a quick glance at the TWDA for the past year shows a metagame that is quite balanced.

:trem:

More
24 Oct 2011 16:54 #12742 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: No More Bounce Cards

Let me put it this way: if bounce is rock to bleed's scissors, the metagame would be worse off if every viable deck can play rock. And a quick glance at the TWDA for the past year shows a metagame that is quite balanced.

Yes, quite. But wouldn´t it be nice with more tier 1 decks, or at least more tier 1.5?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds