file Spray n Pray (Card Idea)

18 Oct 2011 14:57 - 18 Oct 2011 15:01 #12218 by direwolf
"Spray n Pray"
:combat:
1 :blood:
:burn: Requires a gun.
This vampire may not play aim cards this round of combat.
:reflex: Cancel a maneuver to close range.
Strike: Strike with a gun, and for each retainer the opponent has, flip a coin. If heads, deal the gun's damage to that retainer.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2011 15:01 by direwolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2011 15:40 #12223 by Klaital
I think this is rather weak... its pretty much strictly inferior to Target Retainer, and if your using a gun in the first place, then your likely fighting at long range and thus can just shoot retainers without any specific cards if you really want to.

More
18 Oct 2011 16:13 #12224 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Spray n Pray (Card Idea)
I think he means the damage to the retainer is inflicted in ADDITION to the normal gun-damage. Otherwise this card would be plain nonsense of course. The card's not bad because of the reflex version. On the other hand it costs a blood and is unreliable because of the coin-flip. I'd rather not add it to my deck and would take another Pursuit instead. Would it be too strong if you'd take away the coin flip for additional damage on a retainer on long range?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
18 Oct 2011 16:54 - 18 Oct 2011 17:01 #12227 by direwolf
Yes, it's supposed to do damage to the minion and the retainers.

It might be too strong without the coin flip. Also, as stated it can be used at close range to kill retainers. Would work for a Desert Eagle/Fortitude/Scattershot gun deck, not just a ranged gun deck.

Also, the coin flip fits the theme. Your vampire is unloading the clip in the general direction his or her opponent... hence no aim cards. (I considered no additional strikes as well, but that would be silly) I would have put a coin flip for the minion, but the card would have been too weak. It's safe to assume that at least one bullet will hit something :)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2011 17:01 by direwolf.

More
18 Oct 2011 19:24 #12237 by Juggernaut1981

"Spray n Pray"
This vampire may not play aim cards this round of combat.
Strike: Strike with a gun, and for each retainer the opponent has, flip a coin. If heads, deal the gun's damage to that retainer.

Spray n Pray
This vampire may not play aim cards this round of combat. You may not use this gun to strike again this round.
Strike: Strike with a gun. For each retainer the opponent has, flip a coin. If heads, deal the gun's damage to that retainer.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Oct 2011 21:46 #12241 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Spray n Pray (Card Idea)
So you took an already borderline bad card and made it worse... Good job.

As Joscha said, another Pursuit will always be better than this. And free.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds