file Spray n Pray (Card Idea)

18 Oct 2011 23:14 #12244 by direwolf

So you took an already borderline bad card and made it worse... Good job.

As Joscha said, another Pursuit will always be better than this. And free.

If you are playing a celerity gun deck... yeah you may not use this card, though it wouldn't hurt to put one in.

What if it had:
:reflex: Cancel a maneuver card as it is played.

Instead of canceling the maneuver it would cancel the whole card (IE, Flash, Aid from Bats). It wouldn't affect maneuvers gained from cards in play, such as equipment or reaction/action cards that give a maneuver.

Also, I looked up Target Retainer. I thought the card was pretty bad. At least this card has the reflex ability to make it more versatile.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2011 04:01 #12246 by Juggernaut1981

So you took an already borderline bad card and made it worse... Good job.

As Joscha said, another Pursuit will always be better than this. And free.

Actually, I was part way through editing the thing and hit cancel... apparently the "Cancel Post" button is still buggy.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Oct 2011 05:44 #12259 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Spray n Pray (Card Idea)

If you are playing a celerity gun deck... yeah you may not use this card, though it wouldn't hurt to put one in.

Right now I'm trying to build a Assamite-Anarch-Cel-Gun deck and I can tell you mate: actually every card in addtition hurts regarding making this thing run effectively :( ;) .

As I said I like the reflex of canceling a maneuver. The problem is that cardslots are rare in a Cel-gun deck (Concealed Weapon+.44, add. strikes, Fast Hands, the odd Sideslip). So I'm looking for cards that get things done. A card that *maybe* helps isn't enough (and it costs blood, urgh). So though I like the coinflip thematically why couldn't we imagine that the spraying bullets surely hit the retainer in addtion to the main target? For one blood that should be okay. Or you design it without bloodcost.
Of course you could say who wanna push cel-guns :) .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
19 Oct 2011 05:59 #12262 by LunaSlave
Instead of making it so you can't play aim cards, why not just make it an aim card with "Play when choosing a gun strike?" Aim cards limit you to one anyway, and wording it that way seems more elegant to me.

And instead of a coin flip, why not rock-paper-scissors? It minimizes the equipment involved.

Something like this maybe? If you lose RPS, you hit nobody. If you win RPS, you hit the opposing minion AND all retainers they have with the gun's damage. And if you tie, you only hit the opposing minion. Get rid of the blood cost, keep the reflex part, and let them discard two combat cards to cancel the aim part. There you go - a more interesting card, at least to me :)

More
19 Oct 2011 06:41 - 19 Oct 2011 09:20 #12266 by Juggernaut1981
SPR - Version

Pray n Spray
:combat:
1 blood :blood:
Aim. Play when choosing a gun strike. Only usable on a gun strike by a gun which can be fired multiple times in a single round of combat.
:reflex: Cancel a maneuver by an opposing minion.
You and the controller of the opposing minion play Scissors-Paper-Rock. If you win, you deal this gun's damage to the minion and any retainers on that minion. If you draw, you strike the opposing minion normally. If you lose, the strike with this gun does no damage.

[img size=400]https://7014330367969587453-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/juggernaut1981svtesdownloads/home/vtes-card-creations/library-cards/Pray n Spray.jpg[/img]

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 19 Oct 2011 09:20 by Juggernaut1981.

More
19 Oct 2011 07:44 #12271 by LunaSlave
Yep Juggernaut, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind, except for the blood cost and the possible addition of discarding two combat cards to cancel it, like other aim cards. I think it'd be much more FUN and flavorful card that way, with RPS instead of the coinflip. But actually, now that I think about it the way you worded it seems just fine. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds