file New card idea, sabbat parity shift

20 Oct 2011 07:46 #12451 by Juggernaut1981
I can very much see this card turning up in strange ways that allow you to manipulate things like the old "Kindred Restructure" tricks.

If my deck can bloat well, I can use this card to push my grand-prey out of reach of my prey (by sharing my pool with my GPrey). This would then allow me to take out my prey and stop them getting their VP. Repeat and rinse with successive prey-GrandPrey combinations until I gain enough VPs to be guaranteed to win.

This is just like the old trick of VP sniping by Kindred Restructure, just with a little more pool on the line and a little less reorganising.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2011 08:07 - 20 Oct 2011 08:08 #12453 by Kraus
Actually, the more I think of it, the more I like the card. :) Those decks that bloat like hell could use some tricks to play against, and it really doesn't feel too overpowered. Strong, yeah, but compared to Parity Shift? They're different, granted, but aim to achieve a similar goal, both with reasonably different means and equal effect.

Liking! :)

And yeah: Sabbat communists are always cool enough to warrant stuff like this.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 20 Oct 2011 08:08 by Kraus.

More
20 Oct 2011 08:13 #12456 by Lech
Don't fit the theme of sabbat and have awful design.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
20 Oct 2011 08:27 #12457 by Ashur

Don't fit the theme of sabbat

Which is?

and have awful design.

Why do you thinks so?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
20 Oct 2011 08:57 #12464 by Lech

Don't fit the theme of sabbat

Which is?

Sabbat have multiple themes, communism is not one of them. Fighting with Ancients, violence, freedom, clergy ties are among them.

and have awful design.

Why do you thinks so?[/quote]

Community of Cain
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any archbishop or Cardinal at +1 stealth. Choose a Methuselah. Sum both your pool and split it evenly among you, if the total amount is odd the split is done to your favor.
Flavortext: What? thats communism! - Neonated forced into the communal haven.

Require titled vampires. Useful only if he have more pool, pool swing is likely lower than 10 so it's worse than parity shift and than krc most of the times, so it's wallpaper.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
20 Oct 2011 08:59 #12465 by Myrdin

Don't fit the theme of sabbat and have awful design.

Feel of themes is always an issue when regarding cards, as a reference let me snip from the WOD wiki:

"The Code of Milan was created to be the modern constitution of the Sabbat, the general gist of which is to foment peace and mutual aid among all members of the Sabbat. It also deals with the punishment of cowards and traitors (by blood hunt and execution), uphold traditions of brotherhood and hospitality," <snip>

Also consider things like the fact that Sabbat are known to reside in communal havens and do rites like The Vaulderie which involves "simple blood-sharing practice overbuilt with excessive ceremony.<snip> but in its most basic form, all vampires of the pack spill a good portion of their blood (at least 1 Blood Point's worth, in game terms) into a communal bowl. Once all members have done this, the blood is mixed and passed around again, so that each member may drink and share a sort of group-wide Blood Bond."

Extrapolate this and you get the card background.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds