file Card Idea: Show of Force

30 Oct 2011 09:07 - 30 Oct 2011 09:11 #13046 by Serazahr
Name: Show of Force
Cardtype: Action Modifier / Reaction
Discipline: Potence
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable during a referendum.
:pot: This vampire gains 1 vote.
:POT: As above, and anytime during this referendum this vampire can burn a blood to gain 2 votes.

Warning: Spoiler!

I think this card is a nice addition (and also a logical one) to give non-presence Potence Clans a nice vote-push/defence.

The card is under-average compared to other vote-pushers as it is expensive. But because it
A: is for a non-vote discipline and
B: is both an Action Modifier and a Reaction card.
This makes it a potentially strong vote defense, because you can play it more than once in the same referendum.

As for blood costs:
On both superior it is equal to an inferior Awe for 2. That itself is not strong, but because you can play it at superior for no cost, till you actually decide you want those extra votes, it makes up for that.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2011 09:11 by Serazahr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2011 09:53 #13047 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card Idea: Show of Force
The problem with this card is that Brujah come with presence and thus will never play it. Nosferatu come with both Obfuscate (Old Friends) and Animalism (Animal Magnetism). That leaves us with Giovanni, Lasombra, Osebo, Gargoyles and Blood Brothers.

For two of those, Blood Brothers and Gargoyles this card will do absolutely nothing because trying to vote with those clans is a hilarious proposition to begin with.

For Giovanni this card doesn't solve anything, really, because Giovanni lack any sort of strong voting crypt in the first place. Any vote deck they can build will revolve around either Augustus or Carmine, who both have presence.

For Lasombra, it would never see play either. Aside from the fact that Lasombra don't really need vote push to begin with, they have an excellent presence crypt available. And even if you choose to not play that crypt, they get Private Audience for the 1 blood which will in 99% of the cases outshine 3 votes for 2 blood.

Then finally there is Osebo, who have access to their Kholo, Kduva's Mask, Sense Vibrations and Those who Endure Judge. All of these are strictly more playable than Show of Force.

I'd say wallpaper.

More
30 Oct 2011 11:52 #13048 by blackday
Not to mention Osebo has access to telepathic vote counting to shut down major vote opposition, i think we need to power up this card a bit at its current form as Izaak already mentioned it just doesnt work.

More
30 Oct 2011 14:37 #13050 by Serazahr

Not to mention Osebo has access to telepathic vote counting to shut down major vote opposition, i think we need to power up this card a bit at its current form as Izaak already mentioned it just doesnt work.

Well I'm thinking, but one thing that both or you are missing is that often you only pay one blood, because the enemy sees you can get more votes even if he adds votes, so that will probably often save you the second blood.

Because I want to keep it as both Action Modifier and Reaction, it can't be too strong.
So I have two ideas:
1. Make the superior version give 3 votes
2. Make this card playable by any untapped ready minion you control.

With 2., the card would be similar to Mob rule, in that all of your vampires can contribute.

Well this gives me the idea for
3. make the superior version: As above, and any minion you control with :pot: can burn a blood to gain 1 vote, while a vampire with :POT: gains 2 votes.

More
30 Oct 2011 19:03 #13055 by blackday
Don't get me wrong, i like the concept of the card. I like it can used as a reaction and an action modifier. You prob added a cost to it to make it sl. inf to animal magnetism as it can be an action modifier/reaction. But yeah, id go with SUP giving 3 votes. Maybe then i can dump bewitching for this card or alternatively you can let the inf/sup do diff things...like inf reduce a bleed by 1 and sup 2 votes. Just my two cents.

More
30 Oct 2011 19:06 - 03 Nov 2011 09:54 #13056 by Juggernaut1981
I like it as a variation of Mob Rule.

Show of Force
:modifier::reaction:
1 :blood:
Only usable during a referendum.
:pot: Minions with :pot: may burn 1 blood to gain 1 additional vote. Minions above 7 capacity with :POT: may burn up to 2 blood to gain 2 additional votes.
:POT: Vampires you control of capacity 7 or above with :POT: may burn 2 blood to force a non-acting vampire to abstain.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 03 Nov 2011 09:54 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds