file Card idea: The Sweeper (Vampire)

03 Nov 2011 13:36 #13284 by Ankha
Name: The Sweeper
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Group: 5
Capacity: 4
Discipline: OBF ani
Sabbat: The Sweeper may remove 3 cards in any Methuselah's ash heap from the game to gain 1 blood as a +1 stealth action. If the Sweeper is ready, a Methuselah whose ash heap is empty burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase. -1 intercept.

Another small vampire supporting a "ousting" strategy (see The Plague ). His two specials work together, but he may need some protection. It tried to balance them with a big drawback (-1 intercept). As a reminder, actions against methuselahs are not directed, meaning that both prey and predator may block it (thus the +1 stealth to counterbalance it). The Sweeper was originally a Nosferatu, but since the lack of sabbat vampires in group 5-6, I changed it to Nosferatu antitribu

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2011 13:59 #13285 by alek
Nice idea, but I would say it's overpowered. For 4 cap OBF ani without specials is fine and proposed special is very good. "Big drawback" (-1 intercept) you've mentioned is not drawback almost at all for a minion that will never try to block, so it's not enough to balance his specials. Additionally, - 1 intercept drawback should have some background explanation (like for Daughters). I think as a 5 cap with no drawback it would be better balanced.

More
03 Nov 2011 14:13 #13286 by Ankha

Nice idea, but I would say it's overpowered. For 4 cap OBF ani without specials is fine and proposed special is very good. "Big drawback" (-1 intercept) you've mentioned is not drawback almost at all for a minion that will never try to block, so it's not enough to balance his specials. Additionally, - 1 intercept drawback should have some background explanation (like for Daughters). I think as a 5 cap with no drawback it would be better balanced.

Looks like you never played with Daughters :) Believe me, when you're bled for 6 and the only minion left that can block has -1 intercept, you cry. Basically, it means you have 1 less blocker. Like saying -1 bleed isn't a big drawback since you won't bleed ever with him...
As for the background, a vampire spending his time in dark places digging up dark little secrets will probably be unaware of what happens outside.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Nov 2011 16:17 - 03 Nov 2011 16:18 #13290 by Lech
It should be up to 3. It should be hunt action.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2011 16:18 by Lech.

More
03 Nov 2011 17:59 #13292 by Xaddam
Recursion is a strong mechanic. This special totally shuts down the recursion of any methuselah. To almost completely shut down a strong mechanic with a cap 4 is too good of a special.

If you dislike recursion mechanics and would like a card to counter it you can't make it too strong unless you want to remove recursion completely. Removing any mechanic completely impairs creativity, which I think we agree on is a bad thing.

Make this vampire a cap 10 or something and add some fun disciplines (including fortitude) and you could make an archetype which is strong against recursion but is limited to that vampire's disciplines (and possibly some other drawback).

And as someone already pointed out, decrease intercept is only a drawback if you intend to block. Likely, you'll be wanting to do actions with a vampire with superior OBF so he'll be tapped and if you want to block with wakes you'll do it with another vampire.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
03 Nov 2011 18:16 #13293 by Izaak
I like the idea.

It should be 3 cards at random so it doesn't completely shut down card recursion.

As a reminder, actions against methuselahs are not directed, meaning that both prey and predator may block it (thus the +1 stealth to counterbalance it).

I'm pretty sure actions against Meths, such as bleeds are directed actions. Anything targeting something I own, including my ash heap, is directed at me. His special would be directed.

It should be a +1 stealth hunt action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds