file card idea: aus nec action

11 Nov 2011 00:19 - 11 Nov 2011 00:20 #14008 by Molloy
Spectral Surveillance
:action:
If this acting vampire is a Harbinger of Skulls :hosk: the action is at +1 stealth.
:aus: :nec: Put this card in play and choose a minion card from your prey's ash heap to put on this card. When a minion controlled by your prey plays another copy of the chosen card (even if it is canceled) you may tap this card to cause your prey to burn one pool. Any minion may burn this card as a (d) action.
:AUS: :NEC: As :aus: :nec: above, and if the action is successful this acting vampire untaps at the end of the minion phase.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2011 00:20 by Molloy. Reason: misspellings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2011 08:49 #14013 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: card idea: aus nec action
It hurts shambling hordes and nocturns, is cornercase and will be burned. Crap card.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
11 Nov 2011 11:16 #14015 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: card idea: aus nec action

It hurts shambling hordes and nocturns, is cornercase and will be burned. Crap card.

It hurts a lot more than shambling hordes and nocturns. A minion card is any card played by a minion. So it could be for example every time your prey plays deflection you may tap this to burn one of his pool. As it's not unique you can have several of them in play at once choosing the same or a different card.

On the card itself, I like it. It's like an improved version of Victim of Habit.
I do think it should be a +1 stealth action for anyone who can play it, rather than just for the Harbringers, so Nagaraja could also use it.
Also, I'm not sure it should require tapping the card to get it's effect. The fact that it's burnable is possibly enough of a restriction on it's use (only possibly though, would bear testing).

More
11 Nov 2011 11:26 #14016 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: card idea: aus nec action
Not bad, it's a little bit better than Victim of Habit if you use it in multiples. perhaps it could have something more exciting at the double-superior level?
but on the other hand, it doesn't seem to fit well with the Harbinger's motif of mass Slaughterhouses. if you mill your prey's library empty, they won't be able to play more cards, and this card stops working. Maybe it could be moved to another clan or discipline.

It hurts shambling hordes and nocturns, is cornercase

????

More
11 Nov 2011 11:43 #14017 by Joscha
This card is strong. I think it is okay that no stealth is added. I even don't know if Harbingers should get it. I mean you lose a pool everytime you try your first same action (as the one on the card) per turn per card in play. That is harsh. Of course people have to try to burn it. But with Harbinger or Nagarja you should have enough intercept to block those attempts.

I like the idea.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
11 Nov 2011 14:23 #14026 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: card idea: aus nec action
It's only good against spam usage of some card, like mentioned shambling hordes or nocturn that are played each turn.

Consider Army of Rats and this card, both of them act once between your untap phase (this card start profiting turn faster), and deal 1 pool damage. If your prey don't play the card in one turn, army of rats is just as good as this card and require just one inferior discipline to play. Double superior grant untap, but this card is still cornercase and crap. Yes, it's stackable, it dont help it's case. If your prey plan to play chosen card every turn, he will burn this card.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds