file Card Idea: Private Tutoring

13 Nov 2011 08:35 #14087 by Suoli

the card idea here is interesting but is a little bit too weird and nonintuitive, and might be less efficient than using Sanguine Instruction. but I really like the idea of using a Discard Phase Action to activate it.

The DPA-cost is really just a subtle way of balancing it against Soul Gem. The +X stealth for X blood-clause is there because I want the card to be reliable without requiring a lot of additional support but the action could just as well start at 2 or 3 stealth.

Maybe if it were instead an Event where any methuselah could then use a Discard to search for the discipline card? It'd be very simple and clean wording, and could be fun to play.
another option: an Event that allows the spending of Influence Phase transfers to fetch a discipline card. kind of like Aimee Laroux's ability.

An Event wouldn't be reliable enough as you can't viably play multiple copies. It's like Seattle Committee vs. Galaric's/Go Anarch. You could mimic the Wider View design but IMO it's simpler to go with an action card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2011 21:03 #14097 by Haze
I can see what you mean, but I don't think the tutor effect would make Discipline cards more widespread. It would just be another tool for those decks that were already using discipline cards in the first place. For example, a deck where the star vampire absolutely needs to get Fortitude to play some combo. for any other kind of deck, the fact that it takes up extra card slots washes out the benefit.

it's true that Seattle Committee may not be as reliable as Galaric's, Go Anarch, and Anarch Convert (since anarch decks want their first anarch ASAP) but it does open up more deck possibilities, such as anarch breed decks. that's why I think an Event for Discipline Cards would have them see a little more use, rather than marginally strengthening what already exists.

More
14 Nov 2011 03:04 - 14 Nov 2011 19:07 #14098 by Juggernaut1981
Private Tutoring
Event :event:
Inconnu.
Put this card in play. During any Methuselah's influence phase they may spend all of their transfer points to search their library, ashheap or hand for a non-unique Master: Discipline card and put a counter on this card. Put that card on a ready vampire you control and give that vampire 1 blood from the blood bank. Burn this card if its counters equals or exceeds the number of ready vampires controlled by all Methuselahs.

**Brain explosion removed**

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 19:07 by Juggernaut1981.

More
14 Nov 2011 12:14 #14107 by jamesatzephyr

During any Methuselah's discard phase they may spend all of their transfer points

Methuselahs don't have transfer points during the discard phase.

More
15 Nov 2011 18:22 #14381 by Haze
also you shouldn't use the wording "all transfers" because... I can use 4 transfers to move counters, and then use "all" of my 0 transfers on this special ability.

More
15 Nov 2011 20:45 #14445 by Juggernaut1981
It's actually intended to hose additional Transfers from Info Highway rather than be usable when you have no transfer points. But to remedy the worry...

Private Tutoring
Event
Inconnu.
Put this card in play. During any Methuselah's influence phase if they have not spent any transfer points or do not have 0 transfer points, they may spend all of their transfer points to search their library, ashheap or hand for a non-unique Master: Discipline card and put a counter on this card. Put that card on a ready vampire you control and give that vampire 1 blood from the blood bank. Burn this card if its counters equals or exceeds the number of ready vampires controlled by all Methuselahs.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds