file New Crypt Cards

15 Nov 2011 12:18 #14280 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: New Crypt Cards
Thank you for all the fast feedbacks! The reason why they all seem to be a little bit underpowered, because I didn't want to overpower them straight away. Monty, in its basic form, is theoretically useless, but in his backstory, I think this variant can be viable! He diablerized of one of (if not...) the eldest known Ventrue! His backstory clearly indicates that the soul of Mithras will soon overthrow Monty's. Clear, that he will remain sabbat, but in an underpowered version, he'll be still Mithras, a 4th gen. Ventrue. His special is way poweful, so I thought that it had to be tuned down. His discipline layout is good for vote, bleed and has OBF, plus if Merged, 2 votes. His backstory is good enough IMHO to make the clan change (he'll not be the first to do such).

I agree, that for vlad, dominate should be better tha vic. more superior discipline? Hmmm....obfuscate seems viable, or protean sup. maybe?

About Nuriel, he is the greatest warrior of his clan. Maybe the younger restriction should remain, and inferior val should be added (Salubris are alwals a bit OP)

Zarnovich should be 1 cap lower, I missed that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 15:44 #14339 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: New Crypt Cards

About Nuriel, he is the greatest warrior of his clan. Maybe the younger restriction should remain, and inferior val should be added (Salubris are alwals a bit OP)

????

Where is that... Salubri are a clan of healers, and a warrior path was created by Samiel, and he passed down his codex to Qawwiya, lioness of Jerusalem when he went to die...

Never heard of this Nuriel?

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
15 Nov 2011 16:40 #14356 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: New Crypt Cards
Then do some research...;) He is not on the warrior path. They are not only healers, they are wanderers. Jack-O-Daws for example is a thief, who steals rare manuscripts and such. Everyone of them serves in their own way, but all of them is loyal to his blood.

More
19 Nov 2011 20:47 - 20 Nov 2011 09:42 #15063 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New Crypt Cards

Never heard of this Nuriel?

Nuriel is the childe of Akhraziel, and he is most likely 5th generation. Read about him in Clanbook Salubri, pages 15 and 65.

As for Vlad Tepes, he is the most famous kindred of all time, hunted and troublecausing, I think he should have some gamebreaking effect! I propose:

Vlad Tepes
Tzimisce
Capacity: 10, Gr: 6
VIC ANI DOM THA PRO aus for
Independent. Each methuselah burn 1 pool each untap phase while Vlad is ready. A methuselah may tap a ready vampire of capacity above 6 to avoid burning this pool. +1 bleed.

An advanced version of Vlad should include something about the Inconnu (I like Baaliprimogens suggestion of "Vlad may search your library for a Inconnu card and put it into play as a +1 stealth action.")

As for Monty, he is still Assamite, even though Mithras is inside his body. Mithras was/is one of the most powerful Ventrues ever, "something old and wise and terrible". Monty should reflect this, although not having political power within the Camarilla. I propose:

Monty Coven
CEL OBF QUI dom for pre
Assamite
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Sabbat. You and Monty may play cards that require Camarilla and/or Ventrue as if Monty were a Ventrue. (The blood curse does not affect Monty.)
Merged: Monty has DOM, FOR, PRE and +2 bleed.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 20 Nov 2011 09:42 by Ashur.

More
20 Nov 2011 09:35 #15096 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: New Crypt Cards

Sabbat. You and Monty may play cards that require Camarilla and/or Ventrue as if Monty were a Ventrue. (The blood curse does not affect Monty.)
Merged: Monty has DOM, FOR, PRE and +2 bleed.

Just on a technical point, playing a card as if you were a Ventrue doesn't imply the Camarilla sect.

By contrast, Kemintiri playing a card as if she were a Justicar does imply meeting any Camarilla sect requirements, because Justicars must be Camarilla. [LSJ 20050224]

> The arguments made about Kemintiri revolve around LSJ pointing out that
> "'Requires a justicar' is shorthand for 'Requires a Camarilla vampire
> with a justicar title'".

> But 'Requires a Ventrue' is NOT the same thing as 'Requires a Camarilla
> Ventrue'; nothing prevents Mata Hari from playing cards as an
> independent Ventrue, nor does anything about playing a card as a
> Ventrue inherently or by card text override the text on her card saying
> "Independent" and force her to play cards as a Camarilla Ventrue.

> If there was a hypothetical 'requires an Anarch Tremere' card, and Mata
> Hari was Anarch, she could play it; choosing to play it as a Tremere
> would not force her to also play it as a Camarilla Tremere.

Correct. If she is Independent and plays a card that requires a Tremere
as a Tremere, she plays it as an Independent Tremere.

So, for example, if Monty wanted to call Camarilla Exemplary (requires a Camarilla vampire), he'd call it as a Ventrue - but a Ventrue of whatever his ordinary sect is, which would mean he didn't meet the requirements if he wasn't already Camarilla.

The quick fix is:

"as if Monty were a Camarilla Ventrue"

More
20 Nov 2011 09:46 #15098 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New Crypt Cards

The quick fix is:
"as if Monty were a Camarilla Ventrue"

Solid. Thanks!

As for Vlad Tepes - maybe I wasn´t gamebreaking enough. A friend suggested:

Vlad Tepes
Tzimisce
Capacity: 10, Gr: 6
VIC ANI DOM THA PRO aus for
Independent. Each methuselah burn 1 pool each untap phase while Vlad is ready. All vampires have -1 stealth while Vlad is ready. +1 bleed.

:woohoo:

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds