file Card Idea: Relentless

25 Nov 2011 09:45 #15919 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Relentless

Alek, i understand that you have personal bias toward me, and you want your and to dominate, but at least read the card with comprehension.

How you have come to this conclusion? Beside, why do you think AUS and DOM are my disciplines? Additionally, looking at the EC meta and results, if any dysciplines are dominating there are ANI and "masters".
Last but not least I didn't say that the card you proposed is the same as momentary delay but almost identical. Still, IMO, it differs not enough from momentary delay to justify creation of the card. And a "too much card text"Amenophobis mention is as well good argument.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2011 11:25 #15933 by miketheknife
too complex card text... second amenophobis...

More
25 Nov 2011 11:41 #15936 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Relentless

I don't think so, since Momentary delay have an extremely similar cardtext

More
25 Nov 2011 11:44 - 25 Nov 2011 11:47 #15937 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Card Idea: Relentless
Maybe because of this ?

Warning: Spoiler!

Didn't you play saulot too? Okay, you play presence based decks too.

Of course ANI is strong, stronger than it ever was - just like master decks are strong. But we are addressing :CEL: here, and this card in particular.

It differs a lot, card for 6+ cap (that can be played against any blocker) compared to card for 8+ cap (that can be playable just against weenies). Anyway, i re-did it.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2011 11:47 by Lech.

More
25 Nov 2011 12:44 #15941 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Relentless

Maybe because of this ?

well, that's just pure coincidence. Right now I've got more than 100 decks recorder of various archetypes. The two you've mentioned are just the ones I've managed to win tournaments with (and not forget to send them to TWDA).

More
25 Nov 2011 14:03 #15947 by jamesatzephyr

I don't think so, since Momentary delay have an extremely similar cardtext

Some existing cards do have lots of card text, which isn't always a good thing.

Years back, the term "Seven Line Syndrome" was coined in discussions like this. Once a card hits seven lines of text, the interest of a lot of players drops off - unless it's something super-powerful, I guess. If you want a good solid card that's a good building block for decks, without itself being overpowered, shorter text seems to means that the card gets played a bit more.

It's nothing even remotely scientific, but quite a few players have reported similar problems over the years!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds