file card idea - Paranoia

25 Nov 2011 10:49 #15924 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: card idea - Paranoia

I'm sure that author's idea for the inferior was to bounce to anyone but not to the bleeding minion controler.

I'm sure too, but I tend to play card as written and not as intended, because it's less subjective. So a rewriting is in order.

And, yes, it might be a tad powerful. It's the first redirect that can work in duel, and while dementation often come with auspex it need careful testing to see if malk S&B don't become overpowered with this card.

As of I, I would find another inferior level (pool damage to the bleeder's methuselah ?) and have the superior be the random redirect, without possible redirection to the owner. But it's sad to tame the concept like that on another hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2011 13:35 - 25 Nov 2011 13:38 #15945 by Boris The Blade
A big NO to bleeding oneself: it opens far too many holes in the rules.

I am not sure a random bounce in :dem: is overpowered. :dem: already has Wrong and Crosswise that provides a guaranteed reduction (whereas Paranoia has a chance not to bounce at all), doubles as vote defense and will generate much less table hate. Maybe it could be moved to superior. Something like:

Paranoia
Reaction
1 Blood

:dem: Only usable when you are being bled by an ally or younger vampire, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose a Methuselah at random except the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

:DEM: as above, but usable against an older vampire.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2011 13:38 by Boris The Blade.

More
25 Nov 2011 18:55 #15971 by DeathInABottle

A big NO to bleeding oneself: it opens far too many holes in the rules.

I am not sure a random bounce in :dem: is overpowered. :dem: already has Wrong and Crosswise that provides a guaranteed reduction (whereas Paranoia has a chance not to bounce at all), doubles as vote defense and will generate much less table hate. Maybe it could be moved to superior. Something like:

Paranoia
Reaction
1 Blood

:dem: Only usable when you are being bled by an ally or younger vampire, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose a Methuselah at random except the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

:DEM: as above, but usable against an older vampire.

I like it - but, admittedly, mostly for the humor value.

I think that the danger of weenie :DEM: might be mitigated here by table hate: the Methuselah carelessly tossing down Paranoias might find his minions getting rushed more often than normal.

More
25 Nov 2011 18:58 #15972 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: card idea - Paranoia
Isn't KS decks hated already ? They are.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
25 Nov 2011 19:52 #15981 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: card idea - Paranoia

I don't really think card is needed, just funny.

IMHO, "just because it's funny" is never a good idea for either card design or game play.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
25 Nov 2011 19:59 #15986 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: card idea - Paranoia

IMHO, "just because it's funny" is never a good idea for either card design or game play.

It my opinion, fun, like fluff, can be an argument for or against a card, but can't justify alone its creation.

After all, Madness of the bard was banned because being too funny can be annoying.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds