file Grafted weapon

08 Dec 2011 11:11 #17596 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Grafted weapon

The point being made in [RTR 2011-12-02] is that this existing ruling applies to the damage handled by the cards that have now been errata-ed. Previously, a few cards could actually change the damage to normal (so Soak would be playable, Rotschreck wouldn't) - but that damage now isn't being actually changed, so follows the existing ruling.

It's even worse, players browing the newsgroup would find these two:

2010 - groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3bb78bde5ca24e3b (search for "Target Vitals"). Merrill only changes the nature when the damage is successfully inflicted, which means Ivory Bow + Target Vitals inflicts 1 normal + 2 agg.
2006 - games.groups.yahoo.com/group/vtes-rules/messages/172?threaded=1&m=e&tidx=1 damage is changed *before* rotschreck (contradiction with previous statement). "changed" damage is preventable with Soak / Resilience

Consistency was required.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2011 11:25 #17598 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Grafted weapon
I feel kinda insulted... Ok, ok. Not NEW clarifications, but OLD clarifications.

I've just wondered, if the text of card "This weapon can't be destroyed, stolen, or moved, and striking with this weapon is made as a hand strike." would allow to make strikes under grapple, but no "aggravated hands" effect are applied.

More
08 Dec 2011 12:56 - 08 Dec 2011 12:57 #17632 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Grafted weapon

I've just wondered, if the text of card "This weapon can't be destroyed, stolen, or moved, and striking with this weapon is made as a hand strike." would allow to make strikes under grapple, but no "aggravated hands" effect are applied.

The closest similar effect is probably Bundi.
(This strike is both a hand strike and a melee weapon strike).

And with Bundi, it operates under Immortal Grapple. Bundi also benefits from claw effects - card text varies but they make hand damage aggravated (and hand strikes deal hand damage), or they just make hand strikes aggravated.

So the quick answer is that probably IG-avoidance and Claws would work with "striking with this weapon is made as a hand strike" effects.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2011 12:57 by jamesatzephyr.

More
08 Dec 2011 19:03 #17709 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Grafted weapon
That's why I specifically wanted to say that you could use the weapon when you would normally only be allowed to use a hand strike (not *as* a hand strike).

That way it works under Grapple and can't be used with Claws/Chiropteran but could be used with Target: X.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Dec 2011 19:39 #17721 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Grafted weapon

That way it works under Grapple and can't be used with Claws/Chiropteran but could be used with Target: X.

Well, I have written the card specifically with the thought of being able to use Chiroptean throught it. Both for lore reason and because it's hardly overpowered. It may even be needed for the card to be playable.

Again, Preternatural Strength is a good reference. Nobody think it's overpowered, it's not widely played with potence combat, and almost nobody try to match it with aggrav weapon, claw, or even burning wrath.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds