file Card idea: Shadow of Mammon

12 Dec 2011 10:50 - 12 Dec 2011 10:50 #18138 by Ankha
Name: Shadow of Mammon
Cardtype: Agenda
You may play Tend the Flock as if you control a ready untapped 11-capacity infernal Baali. During your untap phase, pay 2 pool or burn this card. When this card is burned, all non-infernal vampires you control become infernal.

Thoughts?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 10:50 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2011 11:11 - 12 Dec 2011 11:13 #18140 by Ohlmann
I love the idea for three reason.

* The agenda type is very flavorful and may give good thing to the game. It remind me of Sensei in L5R.

* The card itself can help Striga and Maleficia, even if only a little bit.

* The card have enough drawback to not be an auto-include.

I emit doubt if no other Agenda are done, but the idea can be expanded.

Also, I think that it should not in any case go into the first VEKN expansion, to avoid drawing additional hate on the set. (but then again, it's a personnal opinion and I am not participating to the set anyway)
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 11:13 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
12 Dec 2011 11:47 #18143 by alek
While I think, Agenda concept is fine, I don't tihnk we should introduce any additionall rules to the game, which is already very complicated and has a lot of rules.
On the card itself, paying two pool each untap would make it playable only in deck with huge numbers of tend the flock.

More
12 Dec 2011 12:13 - 12 Dec 2011 12:14 #18145 by Ankha
I don't have any pretention to have some of my cards in the sets anyway (though I would be very happy of course if it happened), I'm just having fun creating cards and ideas that could fit in. It's the difficulty of the exercice that pleases me.

I would agree that the new set shouldn't have any additional rule so it will be more easily accepted. Introducing new concepts on the other hand is very good to open deck (or card) possibilities. It could happen later.

About the card, the expensive upkeep is of course there to prevent people from including it without thinking. It can speed up your influence if you have Tend the Flock in your starting hand or be pool lost if you don't have any, so it's pretty risky.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 12:14 by Ankha.

More
12 Dec 2011 17:05 - 12 Dec 2011 17:07 #18169 by Miasmat
During which phase would you play the Agenda? Is it an Event subtype? Is it a new phase? Maybe before Master phase so you could play a Tend the Flock without waiting? Or after the Master phase so they have to pay the 2 pool at least once before gaining the effect. Or does it start the game in play?

Edit: Oh hey look! "Agenda" was a link to a whole topic that defined it. Ignore this here post unless you were similarly confused about this "new" type.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 17:07 by Miasmat.

More
12 Dec 2011 17:44 #18174 by Ohlmann
With a bit of reflexion, this agenda may accelerate big cap a bit too much. You can put into play a horde at turn 1 and the unnamed at the end of turn two for the low price of 11 pool !

It's not too bad, since they are infernal and everything, but it may be a bit overwhelming.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds