file Card idea: Shadow of Mammon

12 Dec 2011 18:33 #18182 by Ankha

With a bit of reflexion, this agenda may accelerate big cap a bit too much. You can put into play a horde at turn 1 and the unnamed at the end of turn two for the low price of 11 pool !

It's not too bad, since they are infernal and everything, but it may be a bit overwhelming.

True, but you have to be lucky and have two Tend the Flocks in hand in the two first turn. Otherwise, you simply lose pool with no gain.
This means that you'll probably play a *lot* of Tend the Flock that will slow you later during the game (slow card flow, MPA cost).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2011 05:03 - 16 Dec 2011 05:19 #18614 by jAvel
I don't like this card much:
1. The effect is too "narrow", not universal, one purpose only
2. Card names another card in it's text
3. To use side effect of this card (make infernals) you pay 2+2+.. pool during untap phases to put vampires in play and use effect... well, i've said that effect is too narrow.

I'd like to see a card that could produce the same effect, but be more universal. For example:

Name: Shadow of Mammon ? Masterful influence
Cardtype: Agenda
You may play master cards (that are not put in play on a vampires) as if you control a ready untapped 11-capacity vampire of any clan. During your untap phase, pay 2 pool or burn this card.

Ow, and imho, it'd be nice if Agenda cards were played "As master phase action, search your hand or library for agenda card and put in play. A methuselah may have only one Agenda card in play."
Last edit: 16 Dec 2011 05:19 by jAvel.

More
16 Dec 2011 05:37 #18616 by Wedge
If your looking for a new mechanic how about...

Agenda

- before your untap phase you may skip your turn to search your library and put an Agenda card in play.

More
16 Dec 2011 05:41 #18617 by Wedge
Oops, just saw the link to your other thread.

More
16 Dec 2011 06:23 #18618 by Ankha

I don't like this card much:
1. The effect is too "narrow", not universal, one purpose only
2. Card names another card in it's text
3. To use side effect of this card (make infernals) you pay 2+2+.. pool during untap phases to put vampires in play and use effect... well, i've said that effect is too narrow.

1. it's just like saying that the Campground Hunting Ground is not universal. What if this agenda was the first of a series?
2. I guess this is just a feeling that has nothing to do with card design. Many cards already use the name of another card. By being specific here, I'm sure there's no "trick" implied by a more general formulation (like a Golconda that could be played on your version).
3. this side effect is supposed to be a flavorful drawback, not a make-infernal mecanics.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Dec 2011 00:54 #18707 by Drain
I do agree that the effect is narrow, but in a bit of a different sense. Since I don't usually like to see cards mentioned by name unnecessarily, why not go all the way and make the text so that the Meth may play any given master card as though he controlled an untapped infernal 11-cap Baali?

That would extend the benefit to the rather-inofensive Ruins of Charizel and allow for some future improvement of the card's abilities. Other than that, excellent work on that Mage set of mechanics, hadn't seen those prior to reading this post.

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds