file Card Idea: Reflexive Command

14 Dec 2011 20:48 #18469 by Serazahr

I'd be interested to know what prompted the thought.

Having failed building a lot of decks using CEL/DOM vampires, and from my personal experience what I thought was missing was the chance to decide between flicking or blocking (Helena + Milesande was the main deck I was working on).
Also I had the problem of having to pack either a whole combat set, or a ton of Obedience, and I thought that this card might help make large Vampires actions more worthwhile incase they cant multiact, like the 2 mentioned above (I know there is Rutors Hand though).
I actually ended up running Eluding Arms of Morpheus with Obedience but the amount of cards needed made the deck less playable, and I still think the card isn't broken.

Also here is the problem with Ankhas suggestion:
These vampires can multiact already, so I see less reason for giving them additionally this card.

So if it is still to work with e.g. those 2 vampires then cel/tha might be a candidate, but probably :cel::tha: Untap this vampire. is too strong. (Is there a rule that prohibits stuff like :CEL::tha: Untap this vampire. ?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 20:57 #18474 by Ankha

(Is there a rule that prohibits stuff like :CEL::tha: Untap this vampire. ?)

There are already cards mixing inferior and superior level, if it's what you mean.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Dec 2011 21:23 #18481 by Serazahr

(Is there a rule that prohibits stuff like :CEL::tha: Untap this vampire. ?)

There are already cards mixing inferior and superior level, if it's what you mean.

Really? I dont recall what is the name?

More
14 Dec 2011 21:24 #18482 by Boris The Blade
What exactly is the Superior effect supposed to do? As currently worded it does nothing: tapped vampires cannot play Reactions unless they play a wake first.

More
14 Dec 2011 22:40 #18502 by Serazahr
Sry I forgot the "Only usable by a tapped vampire. Untap this Vampire."

I think everybody else got it though, otherwise the discussion would have been very weird

More
14 Dec 2011 22:56 #18503 by Izaak
I wonder why Celerity needs an untap reaction?

It already has an untap action in Flurry of Action, which can fill a similar role if you'd want to and being active fits Celerity way better than a reaction.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds