file Necromancy Cards

17 Dec 2011 13:52 - 17 Dec 2011 19:04 #18737 by Lech
Necromancy Cards was created by Lech
Vigor Mortis
:nec: :action: X :blood:
+1 stealth. Ritual. If acting minion is Harbringer of skulls, it cost 2 less :blood:.
:nec: Hunt. Gain 2 blood. Look at and reorder the top 3X cards of your library.
:NEC: Recruit Zombie Ally Token with 3 life 2 strength 1 bleed into play with X pathos counters on it. Remove it from the game if it have no pathos counters.

Black Death
:nec: :combat:
Play when choosing a hand strike.
:nec: Additionally, this strike is put this card on the opposing minion. Minion with this card have -1 strength and -1 stealth and cannot use weapons. If it's neither vampire nor zombie, burn this minion when this card is burned. Burn this card during your untap phase.
:NEC: As above and send opposing vampire into torpor. This card cost two additional blood. Minions without :aus: and :for: cannot play this card.

Spectre
:nec: :ally: 1 :pool:
Wraith with 1 life 0 strength 0 bleed
:nec: Spectre can steal 1 blood from tapped minion as a (D) action. He can strike for 1R each combat. During your untap phase, if spectre have more than 2 life, he burn 1 blood.
:NEC: As above, and non-mage minions have -1 intercept when spectre is acting. During combat involving Spectre, you may discard :cel: or :for: or :nec: or :pot: card from your hand to make spectre immune to non-aggravated damage this combat.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2011 19:04 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2011 15:15 #18740 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Necromancy Cards
Could you explain the holes thoses card are supposed to fill ?

Otherwise, the wording is sometime a bit strange and both card are a little bit on the complex side. Just restrict Black death to Harbinger instead of making such a complex wording ; anyway it's not necromancy but mortis, so nobody outside Harbinger should play that.

More
17 Dec 2011 18:07 #18756 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Necromancy Cards

Could you explain the holes thoses card are supposed to fill ?

Otherwise, the wording is sometime a bit strange and both card are a little bit on the complex side. Just restrict Black death to Harbinger instead of making such a complex wording ; anyway it's not necromancy but mortis, so nobody outside Harbinger should play that.

1st card fill the hole of blocker/bleeder that don't cost ton of blood and don't require big setup (like Shambling Hordes do).

2nd card help in combat, sending someone into torpor even under immortal grapple sound like a good idea (it's not like you can't do it cheaper and better using tupdogs or pot/pro or pro/tha/pro or pro/VIC).

It's mortis, so Lady Constancia and Troglodytia who are both Cappadocian should be able to play it. It made sense that Regina can play it too. Mortis is already represented as necromancy path therefore should use necromancy discipline.

It don't make sense that Mata Hari can play Black Death (and she would be able to do so with just clan restriction). It doesn't make sense that vampire with just :nec: like nicodemes can play level 5 discipline from mortis.

Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
17 Dec 2011 18:50 #18757 by Ohlmann

It doesn't make sense that vampire with just :nec: like nicodemes can play level 5 discipline from mortis.

I was unclear, I wanted to say 'necromancy card that require Harbinger'.

The current wording also allow some Giovanni like Gilespi to play it it Proxy Kissed. So it's not like it's that much better. Since the mechanism is clunky and does not achieve its goal too well, I believe a clan restriction would be better.

Also, it would be in line with other similar card like War Ghoul (you should have [VIS] and [ANI], at least, to create warghoul...).

The third card seem both useable and fun. May be pretty powerful with Horseshoe, but hard to say without test.

More
17 Dec 2011 19:04 #18758 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Necromancy Cards
It make sense that Giovanni can play mortis cards, afterall, some of them still know those powers as they were embraced as cappadocians.

War Ghoul never made sense as Tzimisce card, like many old cards it's not designed well.

I didn't seen single giovanni horseshoe deck. It's nice with Shroud Mastery and stuff, but you are better just playing :POT: weenies with standard blood denial allies (youngbloods etc).

More
17 Dec 2011 19:17 #18759 by Ohlmann

It make sense that Giovanni can play mortis cards, afterall, some of them still know those powers as they were embraced as cappadocians.

Don't forget that the Giovanni that may have learned Mortis are likely cap 9+. Nagaraja are also one skill card away from playing this card, it may not be intented at all. Samedi also have this feat, and apart from Troglodytia and maybe other very old Samedi they are not supposed to have mortis

I agree that the War Ghoul make no real sense in a lore perspective, but trying to stick with old card design is a secondary goal, in my opinion.

I didn't seen single giovanni horseshoe deck. It's nice with Shroud Mastery and stuff, but you are better just playing :POT: weenies with standard blood denial allies (youngbloods etc).

They can play horseshoe, and the specter does interact pretty well with Horseshoe (or Brick Laying, or Touch of Pain). I believe it's the main interaction that can cause trouble, that's why I talk about Horseshoe.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds