file card ideas: cel pro (a little love for the !gangrel)

23 Dec 2011 02:38 #19114 by Molloy
Fast Return
:combat: :action:
:cel: :pro: Additional strike; or maneuver, only useable to go to close range, and once this round this vampire may burn one blood to gain an additional strike.
:CEL: :PRO: +1 stealth action. Put this card on this acting vampire. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor. When a combat involving this vampire ends and the opposing minion is not ready, this vampire may tap this card to untap.

Sudden Entrance
:reaction:
:cel: :pro: Only useable by a tapped vampire. This vampire untaps and attempts to block. If the action is a bleed, this vampire has +1 intercept (even if the intercept is not needed).
:CEL: :PRO: Only useable during the referendum of a political action. This vampire gains two votes and his or her votes cannot be canceled (nor can he or she be forced to abstain).

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 04:47 #19118 by jAvel
I like the idea of cel-pro disciplines combo, because there are 25 vampires with both of them at superior, and there are two my favorite Ravnos vampires among them. =)
..to the topic:
Fast Return
Quite strong card. Inferior effect is very nice for combat. Superior.. strong, but i don't like the concept. It copies Monster effect, but is better (no cost to untap), and there is no "a vampire may have only one X" clause. (there should be)
I'd like the superior effect was changed.
My example: [CEL,PRO] +1 stealth action. Put this card on this acting vampire. When a combat involving this vampire ends and the both combatants are ready, you may tap this card to start another round of combat. A vampire may have only one Fast Return.

Sudden Entrance
Nice inferior effect, but quite overpowered. Mb, add some "do not replace" clause?
Superior effect just strange. It's like Surprise Influence card, but with that new "votes can't be cancelled" text. I think, superior effect should be changed entirely.
My variant:
[CEL,PRO] Only usable during referendum of political action. This reacting vampire burns 1 blood to fail the referendum, the acting vampire may discard a political action card to cancel this card as it played. (cost is payed)

More
23 Dec 2011 05:22 #19120 by Molloy
"Fast Return

I'd like the superior effect was changed.
My example: [CEL,PRO] +1 stealth action. Put this card on this acting vampire. When a combat involving this vampire ends and the both combatants are ready, you may tap this card to start another round of combat. A vampire may have only one Fast Return."

My version rewards the vampire for a successful combat, yours rewards an unsuccessful combat, so I prefer mine. You might be right that it needs an "only one" clause.

"Sudden Entrance
Nice inferior effect, but quite overpowered. Mb, add some "do not replace" clause?"

How is it overpowered? It's not as good as 2nd Tradition. Maybe a "do not replace" clause would be a good idea.

"Superior effect just strange. It's like Surprise Influence card, but with that new "votes can't be cancelled" text. I think, superior effect should be changed entirely.
My variant:
[CEL,PRO] Only usable during referendum of political action. This reacting vampire burns 1 blood to fail the referendum, the acting vampire may discard a political action card to cancel this card as it played. (cost is payed)"

The untap and block is of course the primary use for the card. The superior is there to make it a multi-purpose card. I understand your variant but I prefer mine. If it's too weak for a double-superior it could be three or four votes instead of two. Or instead the inferior and superior could be swapped...

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
23 Dec 2011 06:40 #19122 by Ohlmann
The inferior level of Sudden Entrance is way off for me. It is better than read the wind on discipline that does not give intercept or wake.

Do you have a plan to give CEL / PRO a specific role ? The card seem a little bit random in this regard.

More
23 Dec 2011 07:33 - 23 Dec 2011 09:12 #19126 by jAvel
I think a role of CEL+PRO cards is "toolbox" assistance to combat decks.
First one is cheap additional strike for inferior (and a maneuver to come closer with aggro-claws). Good.
Second card is cheap variant of Eluding the Arms of Morpheus with build-in intercept. I tend to agree with Ohlmann, this card need some drawback. "Do not replace until your untap phase"?
As for superior versions of both cards.. well, they are not "wow!" and even not "nice". Just boring with very very average effectiveness.
A minimum capacity of [CEL PRO] vampires is 6 (average 8.16), so it should be something worth to use. Two votes? Bad. (my variant is not so good too)

What assistance cards do combat need? [my opinion]
- a reaction card that wouldn't stall the hand. (an alternative way to free yourself from this card)
- combat boosting action, that won't take a useful "enter combat" action slot

Random ideas:
Fast Return
[cel,pro][combat] Additional strike, or maneuver, only usable to maneuver to close range, and this vampire may burn 1 blood later this round to gain an additional strike.
[CEL,PRO][action modifier] Only usable at the end of the action. You may move a minion card this vampire played this action from ashheap to your hand (discard afterwards). And this vampire may burn 1? 2 blood to untap.

Pop out from the ground Sudden Entrance
[reaction]
Do not replace until your untap phase.
[cel,pro] Only useable by a tapped vampire. This vampire untaps and attempts to block. If the action is a bleed, this vampire has +1 intercept (even if the intercept is not needed).
[CEL,PRO] Only usable when a referendum passes. This vampire enters combat with an acting minion.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 09:12 by jAvel.

More
23 Dec 2011 08:37 #19129 by alek
Fast return:
I can't see what pro effect is in inferior version. I would rather do this:
cel pro: maneuver and once this round this vampire may burn one blood to make his hand strikes aggravated.
Superior is nice

Sudden Entrance: I hate the concept. It's anathor card that further blurs meaning of disciplines which is very bad. What does celerity and protean have to do with intecept and votes ?!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds