file card ideas: cel pro (a little love for the !gangrel)

23 Dec 2011 21:58 #19194 by Ohlmann

Regarding Mytherceria, I don't really consider it an "intercept discipline." It has Aura Absorption and a difficult-to-use Steal the Mind.

That was my point. Maybe the irony was lost because of my less-than-perfect english, but the idea was "if we consider Protean and Celerity as intercept discipline, then everything is an intercept discipline"

Also, to further the problem, Sudden Entrance is entirely composed of effect already existing in other card of other discipline, without added modification. Fast Return is a bit better since the superior is pretty new, and the inferior, while being pretty powerful (inferior celerity alone does not have free additional strike) does not seem too powerful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 23:18 #19205 by echiang

Regarding Mytherceria, I don't really consider it an "intercept discipline." It has Aura Absorption and a difficult-to-use Steal the Mind.

That was my point. Maybe the irony was lost because of my less-than-perfect english, but the idea was "if we consider Protean and Celerity as intercept discipline, then everything is an intercept discipline"

Yeah, I was supporting your point (against Lech). Sorry if it wasn't more clear.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
24 Dec 2011 09:37 #19235 by Lech

Warning: Spoiler!

Yeah. Quicken Sight requires :aus: (the main intercept discipline) and Scalpel Tongue requires :pre: (the main voting discipline).

Plus, one could argue that cards like Rooftop Shadow, Eyes of the Beast, Sonar were breaking the "color wheel" to begin with.

Regarding Mytherceria, I don't really consider it an "intercept discipline." It has Aura Absorption and a difficult-to-use Steal the Mind. It isn't much more of an "intercept discipline" than Necromancy is, with Spectral Divination, Divine Sign (cornercase), Eyes of the Dead (cornercase), Friend of Mine (anarch), and Masquer (expensive).

Plus, if you're going to compare disciplines and what they "are", you should also factor in how many cards are available. Mytherceria might only have "2" intercept cards, but it only has about half the number of library cards as a standard discipline like Protean or Animalism.

How many cards are available is not a factor when considering if it's intercept discipline or not. What is important is that you can play one reaction once per action and how many intercept you'll get from it (and other effects). Another important factor is how much permacept you can get, and how costly it is.

Again, celerity is important part of :aus: :cel: and quicken sight is great help for such deck, sure, it already have plenty of intercept but this card is very efficient and shouldn't be dismissed just because it comes with auspex.

You can argue with me, but with no setup minion with :CEL: :PRO: can get way more intercept than minion with just :MYT:, it's fact.

I don't think that such card should exist, and that it's powerlevel is ok, but it's not that those disciplines don't have intercept already.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Dec 2011 10:38 #19238 by Ohlmann

I don't think that such card should exist, and that it's powerlevel is ok, but it's not that those disciplines don't have intercept already.

Still not more than mysterceria. They are *not* intercept discipline at all. Especially when not being anarch.

More
24 Dec 2011 11:31 #19240 by Lech

Still not more than mysterceria. They are *not* intercept discipline at all. Especially when not being anarch.

Both ARE more intercept disciplines than :myt:. Especially :pro: that have 3 different +intercept reaction cards with no requirements. :myt: have one.

Just like :AUS: and :ANI: aren't stealth disciplines by themselves, yet they have powerful stealth card that require both of them.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Dec 2011 16:29 #19256 by jamesatzephyr
Without going into detailed specifics, none of the cards quite feel right. There's just something about them that feels a bit... off.

However, the desire for things like playing off speed and rapidity makes me think of Steely Tenacity. Now, that's restricted to anarchs, so perhaps we want something like:
Card Name
Combat / Reaction
If this playing vampire is a Gangrel Antitribu, when you would replace this card, you may take this card from your ash heap instead (if you have not already done so this turn).
[cel] [pro] Something fun.
[CEL] [PRO] Something AWESOME.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds