file New Crypt Card - Kiasyd G6

29 Dec 2011 15:45 #19514 by Ohlmann

To be fair, all of them are bit overcosted, they have 6.75 in disciplines (fourth disicipline cost 0.75 or even 0.5 in many cases) and 1 in title.

Also, the Serpentis in it is so hard to use that counting it as a full discipline is a bit harsh. I know this kind of consideration can't enter easily in a formulae, but it mean this vampire is in most case less effective than the same with, say, potence, auspex, or something who is often enough paired with Domination or Mysterceria.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2011 17:17 #19527 by echiang

To be fair, all of them are bit overcosted, they have 6.75 in disciplines (fourth disicipline cost 0.75 or even 0.5 in many cases) and 1 in title.

Also, the Serpentis in it is so hard to use that counting it as a full discipline is a bit harsh. I know this kind of consideration can't enter easily in a formulae, but it mean this vampire is in most case less effective than the same with, say, potence, auspex, or something who is often enough paired with Domination or Mysterceria.

Set's Curse + Nocturn?

Truth of a Thousand Lies snake drive? (You have the stealth to get the action through, and so you can bleed + superior Govern, or stay untapped to Deflect).

Consignment to Duat after you've Shadow Twinned someone to 0 blood?

Temptation on all your guys for multi-acting? Or on your prey's minions to remove potential blockers and Deflecters?

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
29 Dec 2011 17:32 - 29 Dec 2011 17:32 #19532 by Ohlmann

Truth of a Thousand Lies snake drive? (You have the stealth to get the action through, and so you can bleed + superior Govern, or stay untapped to Deflect).

Consignment to Duat after you've Shadow Twinned someone to 0 blood?

Temptation on all your guys for multi-acting? Or on your prey's minions to remove potential blockers and Deflecters?

What good are theses combo without vampire to back them ? It's not that Serpentis does not have card, it's that you don't have vampires to make your crypt with.

Maybe that as a part of a set things can change, but for now you have exactly 0 vampire with serpentis and either dominate, mysterceria or obtenetration in groupe 5 or 6 to back him up. So, really, doing a dominate / serpentis or whatever is just trouble for nothing, especially when you can just use presence + serpentis for about the same thing.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2011 17:32 by Ohlmann.

More
29 Dec 2011 17:41 #19533 by echiang

What good are theses combo without vampire to back them ? It's not that Serpentis does not have card, it's that you don't have vampires to make your crypt with.

Maybe that as a part of a set things can change, but for now you have exactly 0 vampire with serpentis and either dominate, mysterceria or obtenetration in groupe 5 or 6 to back him up. So, really, doing a dominate / serpentis or whatever is just trouble for nothing, especially when you can just use presence + serpentis for about the same thing.

Well, you have Chandler who can do these things.

The lack of vampires is a valid concern, but it's a systemic problem because it's Group 6. The only Group 6 vampires in existence are Bloodlines. And Group 5 is not completed yet either (and barely begun for the Sabbat). So anything in Group 6 is going to have challenges with "not enough vampires." Similarly, there isn't a very good selection of vampires with :obt: in Group 5/6 either.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
29 Dec 2011 19:13 - 29 Dec 2011 19:15 #19537 by Ohlmann

He's group 2. There is some other with the combination, but never in 5/6 (I believe that there is also a True Brujah gr4 in serpentis / obtenetration - maybe it's a pattern ?)

Edit : alway read more carefully. I was thinking you were talking about the gr2 FoS with Obtenetration and Serpentis.

The lack of vampires is a valid concern, but it's a systemic problem because it's Group 6. The only Group 6 vampires in existence are Bloodlines. And Group 5 is not completed yet either (and barely begun for the Sabbat). So anything in Group 6 is going to have challenges with "not enough vampires." Similarly, there isn't a very good selection of vampires with :obt: in Group 5/6 either.

That's why I said this does not mean much alone. Serpentis with Domination or Obtenetration have alway been rare in any groupment. Since the author does not have given a full stack of gr5/6 vampire, I'm judging by what exist and what happened somewhat frequently
Last edit: 29 Dec 2011 19:15 by Ohlmann.

More
29 Dec 2011 20:20 - 29 Dec 2011 20:22 #19538 by echiang

He's group 2. There is some other with the combination, but never in 5/6 (I believe that there is also a True Brujah gr4 in serpentis / obtenetration - maybe it's a pattern ?)

Edit : alway read more carefully. I was thinking you were talking about the gr2 FoS with Obtenetration and Serpentis.

Yeah, I'm talking about this latest new Kiasyd, named "Chandler, The Gambler" There is a Chandler in Group 2, but Hungerford is the 3-cap with :PRO:. The only Setite in the game with :obt: is Danny Larkshill who is Group 2. Though you could give :OBT: to Seterpenre easily enough.

For the True Brujah you are thinking of Nehemiah (:obt::SER:). I always kind of thought it odd that the True Brujah and Abomination are essentially like Setite bloodlines in VTES, considering how several members have :obf:, :pre:, and/or :ser:. I realize that there were some backstory reasons (True Brujah working with Setites, Setites having more of a werewolf connection than most non-Gangrel clans, etc.) but it just leads to "interesting" discipline patterns on the VTES bloodlines vampires.

That's why I said this does not mean much alone. Serpentis with Domination or Obtenetration have alway been rare in any groupment. Since the author does not have given a full stack of gr5/6 vampire, I'm judging by what exist and what happened somewhat frequently

Well, Serpentis and Obtenebration are each clan-specific disciplines (of clans from different sects), so it's not surprising that the two are really mixed together.

:SER: + :DOM: is actually rather common though. There are several good Setite lineups with Dominate.

Group 2/3:

10-cap Nefertiti :DOM:
9-cap Khay'tall :DOM:
9-cap Kahina :DOM: (Group 3)
10-cap Keminitiri :dom:
8-cap Kephamos :dom:
5-cap Count Ormonde :dom:

Group 3/4:

9-cap Kahina :DOM: (Group 3)
6-cap Halim Bey :DOM:
5-cap Black Lotus :DOM:
9-cap Neferu :dom:
7-cap Amenophobis :dom:

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 29 Dec 2011 20:22 by echiang.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds