file New Crypt Card: Valdano, the Carrier

13 Jan 2012 01:20 #20786 by Pullen

Looking back at Drain's original intent, it's different than what I imagined. I thought he should just have the text ""Minions opposing Valdano in combat gain a disease counter at the end of combat if range is close." These Disease counters wouldn't have any effect (they'd be dormant/inert) until *activated* by someone playing Vampyric Disease. Then they'd take on a new role and start burning blood from vampires. Note that until VD were played, the Disease counters wouldn't be burned/lost either.

I would like it to work this way, and with the way corruption counters work I would say that this would be the case, but it would be such a unique ability Im not sure if it would with this current wording. But I think the idea of a vamp like this should happen at some point.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2012 15:48 - 14 Jan 2012 15:59 #20839 by Drain
I'm glad you guys find the design interesting as to merit so much discussion. I've read your replies and a few changes occured to me:

Name: Valdano, the Carrier
Clan: Nosferatu Antitribu
Group: 5
Capacity: 6
Discipline: ani obf FOR POT
Sabbat. When Valdano enters play from the uncontrolled region search your library, ash-heap or hand for a Vampiric Disease and play it on him as an out-of-turn trifle. He is immune to the effects of disease counters. Sterile.

There, how about this? It has never been done quite like this before, minions allowing you to search and play master cards in such a way but it feels right both for flavor and rules-wise. I did bump his fortitude to superior to try and compensate the fact that you'll lose your O-O-T master and fact that the VD might get suddened.

This would solve all problems with the named counters rules-wise, it seems to me.

Drain
Last edit: 14 Jan 2012 15:59 by Drain.

More
13 Jan 2012 16:04 #20840 by Brum
Ah. Finally a good Blood Brother. :)
Like.

More
13 Jan 2012 16:12 #20841 by Ohlmann

Ah. Finally a good Blood Brother. :)
Like.

Except that he is nosferatu :p

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds