file My first card Idea

11 Jan 2012 12:23 #20595 by jamesatzephyr
I can't quite put my finger on what it is that bothers me, but it doesn't feel quite right for a disciplineless card. For something like this for the Black Hand, I could see it - Black Hand can do [whatever] and maybe a Seraph can do it slightly better (more cards, no cost, whatever).

As a disciplineless card, I don't know ... too much control for too little cost, or something. I'm not 100% sure what it is that doesn't quite gel for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 17:03 #20606 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: My first card Idea

I can't quite put my finger on what it is that bothers me, but it doesn't feel quite right for a disciplineless card. For something like this for the Black Hand, I could see it - Black Hand can do [whatever] and maybe a Seraph can do it slightly better (more cards, no cost, whatever).

As a disciplineless card, I don't know ... too much control for too little cost, or something. I'm not 100% sure what it is that doesn't quite gel for me.

I know what you mean. The card concept is sound enough but the requirements are definitely lacking. It clearly pushes both Scrounging and Aura Reading to the marginal region since an action modifier is much better for this type of card than either an action or having to enter combat (and to have superior Auspex).

Drain

More
12 Jan 2012 19:34 #20743 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: My first card Idea
Screw You!
Type: Action Modifier/Reaction
Cost 1:blood:
Only usable by a vampire with a capacity above 4. Only playable after another Methuselah has played a card this action. Draw a card, discard down to your hand size.

What about this?

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
12 Jan 2012 22:14 - 13 Jan 2012 19:07 #20771 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: My first card Idea
High Orun does something similar and is (sort of) disciplineless.

High Orun
Type:Action Modifier/Reaction

Requires a Laibon with three or more Orun.
For the remainder of this action, cards that require any Disciplines cost this Laibon 1 less blood, and your hand size is one card larger.

Sure, "a Laidon with three or more Orun" is a pretty different cost from "a vampire with capacity above 4", and the "cards that require any Disciplines cost this Laibon 1 less blood" is an extra bit of awesome, but the card flow effect is similar to your proposal and this card hasn't been mentioned yet.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 19:07 by Miasmat.

More
12 Jan 2012 22:47 #20777 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: My first card Idea
@Miasmat: Well personal I think the most of the 3 Orun/Aye cards are kind of janky, but I would also argue that plus hand is way better then draw a card and discard down, plus it's free, and the other affect, so I would put them on the same level, but the Liabon got hosed with the Orun/Aye cards, so I can't say thats a bad thing

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
01 Feb 2012 11:34 #22183 by jamesatzephyr
The recently suggested Nagaraja Oblivion card made me think about this some more. In particular, the follow-up suggestion of a Master: Out of Turn.

Would there be some mileage in (for example):
Screw It
Master: Out-of-turn. Trifle. Expletive.
After replacing this card, choose 4 non-Expletive cards from your hand. Discard those cards (and redraw to your hand size).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds