file My first card Idea

01 Feb 2012 11:41 #22184 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: My first card Idea
It seem useable, while maybe a tad too generically useful.

Must be tested in some turbo deck, since it allow a faster setup and allow to restart the combo if you handjam during it (only once, but that is still useful)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2012 13:23 #22237 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: My first card Idea

The recently suggested Nagaraja Oblivion card made me think about this some more. In particular, the follow-up suggestion of a Master: Out of Turn.

Would there be some mileage in (for example):
Screw It
Master: Out-of-turn. Trifle. Expletive.
After replacing this card, choose 4 non-Expletive cards from your hand. Discard those cards (and redraw to your hand size).

I like the idea, but it's a very powerful affect, 3 cards would bring it down to a 4 card push, but then is it better then a Dreams as your taking a master slot now. It also lakes the interaction with minions that I was looking for in the first place. Most cards that enable card draw are master cards that sit their and I was looking for more mid action play that wasn't "Well let me tap this Dream's and Barrens and then see how my hand is."

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
02 Feb 2012 14:00 - 02 Feb 2012 14:01 #22239 by jamesatzephyr

I like the idea, but it's a very powerful affect, 3 cards would bring it down to a 4 card push, but then is it better then a Dreams as your taking a master slot now. It also lakes the interaction with minions that I was looking for in the first place. Most cards that enable card draw are master cards that sit their and I was looking for more mid action play that wasn't "Well let me tap this Dream's and Barrens and then see how my hand is."

Yeah, 4 probably is over the top. I was running a couple of alternatives round in my head - "Choose cards after replacing", "Replace this card after you have performed these discards", "4 cards", "3 cards" etc. - and probably picked the least acceptable.

I think my issue with the minion card is that it's a little easy to use a) in your own turn (in at least some versions, anyway) and b) repeatedly. The M:OoT addresses both of those, without the need for a mountain of card text.

I'm pretty sure there's something in this sort of space - disciplineless discard - that would hit the mark, but I'm not sure what exactly.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2012 14:01 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds