file A New !Gangrel

17 Jan 2012 23:32 #21034 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: A New !Gangrel

is getting a unique equipment that powerful? Bowl of convergence would be nice. There is probably some unique equipment that is really powerful that I don't know about.

From the top of my head, Heart of Nizchetus, Signet of King Saul (in some condition), Eye of Hazimel, all of them can be very handy.

The card is nice, probably somehow overpowered with some non unique equipment (vial of garou blood ? Leather jacket ?), but even the version that untap after a successful equip can be very good.

Also, a crypt concept could be about smallish !gangrel that either equip or have bonus with electronic equipment ; it may need some additional electronic equipment, but it may resolve the "how to not be like an assamite ?" problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2012 23:34 - 17 Jan 2012 23:44 #21035 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: A New !Gangrel

One action (where you untap afterward) and 1 pool lets you search your library for the Changeling Skin Mask, instantly giving you :OBF:.

Both your arguments make sense to me. Maybe it could be changed to "get any piece of non-unique electronic equipment."

Edit: Ohlman and I were both thinking of electronic equipment.

Secret library has the following equipment listed as "electronic equipment":

laptop computer
camera phone
IR goggles
light intensifying goggles
phased motion detector
Last edit: 17 Jan 2012 23:44 by TorranceCircle.

More
17 Jan 2012 23:57 #21036 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: A New !Gangrel
Being a City Gangrel he should have access to all sorts of stuff. I can see a case for "non-unique" but being a city dweller he should get access to all the non-location stuff too like Ambulance, Sports Bike, Hawg (if he so wanted), etc.

Taking an action to get equipment, untapping, take action, helicopter, take action... Eventually that library is going to run out of equipment.

I didn't want to make it a "Vast Wealth + Freak Drive".

Gadget
Gangrel Anti
Group 5
:cap6:
:CEL::PRO:
Sabbat. Gadget may equip with a non-unique non-location piece of equipment from your library as a +1 stealth action; if it is successful he untaps.

That gives him access to predominantly:
Weapons
Vehicles
Laptop/Phone
Combat Protection (Jacket, IRGs, LIGs)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Jan 2012 15:29 - 19 Jan 2012 15:33 #21217 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: A New !Gangrel
Only change I'd make past your version would be to give him obf and turn the special into a 0-stealth action. It actually gives more design points to the minion but he still ends up better balanced since the player then needs a stealth card in hand before equipping and untapping.

:Edit: On second thought, I would definitely want to give him [ani OBF PRO] and no Cel at all to prevent spawning yet another Cel-gunner and not a !Gangrel at all... you'd just end up seeing this guy star in otherwise Tor/!Tor/Ass crypts all of the time.

Drain
Last edit: 19 Jan 2012 15:33 by Drain.

More
19 Jan 2012 15:35 #21218 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: A New !Gangrel

Only change I'd make past your version would be to give him obf and turn the special into a 0-stealth action. It actually gives more design points to the minion but he still ends up better balanced since the player then needs a stealth card in hand before equipping and untapping.

Drain

I don't like this idea. It nerf the "normal" circumstance (when you simply need to equip something cheap like a camera phone) much more than the possible problematic one (like if someone find some one-use equipment that work ridiculously well).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds