file card ideas: new Harbingers

19 Jan 2012 01:54 - 19 Jan 2012 01:57 #21153 by Molloy
G4:

Babalawo Alafin
:adv:
:hosk: :cap7:
:ani: :AUS: :FOR: :NEC:
Advanced. Laibon. During your untap phase, if Alafin is ready, you may tap a Slaughterhouse you control to add two blood to a ready Laibon.
:merged: +1 bleed.

G6:

Kaburi Mchimbaji
:hosk: :cap4:
:aus: :NEC:
Laibon. Cards requiring Necromancy cost Kaburi one less blood. If aggravated damage would send Kaburi to torpor, burn him instead.

Ur-Nammu
:hosk: :cap9:
:pot: :ser: :AUS: :FOR: :NEC:
Sabbat. Black Hand Seraph. Ur-Nammu may enter combat with a ready vampire controlled by your predator or prey as a (d) action. He gets +1 strength in combat with a Giovanni or Camarilla vampire.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2012 01:57 by Molloy. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2012 17:41 #21235 by Drain

Babalawo Alafin
:adv:
:hosk: :cap7:
:ani: :AUS: :FOR: :NEC:
Advanced. Laibon. During your untap phase, if Alafin is ready, you may tap a Slaughterhouse you control to add two blood to a ready Laibon.
:merged: +1 bleed.

Very good. Perhaps even _too_ good. How about switching the text around and having the blood gain ability come with the merging? I do like that you've made the minion interact with existing cards in a meaningful way. I'd make it so that the blood gain would target HoS only instead of Laibon.

Kaburi Mchimbaji
:hosk: :cap4:
:aus: :NEC:
Laibon. Cards requiring Necromancy cost Kaburi one less blood. If aggravated damage would send Kaburi to torpor, burn him instead.

Good vampire. Maybe reduce his special's usability to only cover actions or combat cards or modifiers requiring necromancy?

Ur-Nammu
:hosk: :cap9:
:pot: :ser: :AUS: :FOR: :NEC:
Sabbat. Black Hand Seraph. Ur-Nammu may enter combat with a ready vampire controlled by your predator or prey as a (d) action. He gets +1 strength in combat with a Giovanni or Camarilla vampire.

Really good from a fluff standpoint and also balanced. Thumbs up.

Drain

More
19 Jan 2012 23:40 #21254 by Ohlmann

I'd make it so that the blood gain would target HoS only instead of Laibon.

Yes, because playing a HoS-specific card to gain blood on a sect that is not too present in the clan is a bit difficult for the result.

Putting this only on the merging version is too complex to work in my opinion. You need to have the base version, the advanced version, and a specific master, all "only" for a beefed up hunting ground.

Maybe reduce his special's usability to only cover actions or combat cards or modifiers requiring necromancy?

Shambling horde and possession can indeed be pretty sick with -1 blood cost. But then again it's not what is primary played with HoS, and he's young,n can't benefit from the path of the dead, nor from giovanni-specific hunting ground and such.

So, it does not feel overpowered, but would need to be carefully tested, especially to see whether it can be put into a classic shambling horde deck and actually improve it.

More
20 Jan 2012 11:04 #21269 by Ashur

During your untap phase, if Alafin is ready, you may tap a Slaughterhouse you control to add two blood to a ready Laibon.

I really like this!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
20 Jan 2012 12:36 #21276 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: card ideas: new Harbingers

Babalawo Alafin

Now, imagine this with 4+ slaughterhouses in play. If it's not enough, add villeins to the picture

More
20 Jan 2012 13:22 #21278 by Ohlmann
You can do it only once per turn.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds