file Card idea: Dirty Fighting

20 Jan 2012 09:15 - 20 Jan 2012 09:15 #21262 by Ankha
Name: Dirty Fighting
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 3 blood
Discipline: Celerity/Obfuscate/Protean
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Only usable at close range. Only usable on the first round of combat.
[cel] and/or [obf] and/or [pro] Strike: hand strike or use a melee weapon strike. If using [cel], this strike is with first strike. If using [obf], this strike cannot be dodged. If using [pro], for the duration of this strike, damage from this vampire's hand strikes is aggravated. This card cost 1 less blood for each discipline used.

This card is clearly designed for !Gangrel that have poor disciplines. The hard part was to make it not stronger than Shadow Feint, thus the requirements.
I tried also to make the "1-discipline" use costly (2 blood) so cel gun decks won't use it too easily, or so it doesn't make Claws of the Dead a wallpaper card.

Of course, its best use is when using the three disciplines because it's a free undodgable first strike that deals aggravated, making it more interesting than just playing some agg with protean.

Thoughts? Comments?

EDIT: could someone move it to the right subsection? Thanks

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 20 Jan 2012 09:15 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2012 09:21 - 20 Jan 2012 09:54 #21263 by Ohlmann
I love the idez, mainly because one card to do everything is indeed a strong asset in combat. If you only need 12 Dirty Fighting and 12 Swallowed by the night for your combat, you can focus either on actually using the fact that you can kill people (spying missions, camera phone, etc ...).

The card is based on an anarch card type, wich I found both ironic and fitting, since after all the sabbat at its inception were effectively the anarch of today :p

Edit : BTW, it significantly change the value of small cap with the three discipline at inferior. The "pack wolf" I had created on another topic, for example, is much more scary with this card.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2012 09:54 by Ohlmann.

More
20 Jan 2012 10:58 #21267 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Card idea: Dirty Fighting
I'd chage text a bit. Something like: "This card cost 1 less blood for each superior [CEL], [OBF], [PRO] this vampire has."

More
20 Jan 2012 11:02 #21268 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card idea: Dirty Fighting
I am not very fond of this type of very tailormade magicbullet-type of boost cards for certain clans. I prefer if !Gan got cards like Assamites got Selective Silence, Loss and Web of Knives.

Also, it has a kind of long and complex card text. Cards like this and Keystone Kine doesn´t really help the already tough learning curve this game has.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
20 Jan 2012 12:07 #21272 by er-principe

Thoughts? Comments?

EDIT: could someone move it to the right subsection? Thanks

moved ;)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
20 Jan 2012 12:16 #21273 by Ohlmann

I am not very fond of this type of very tailormade magicbullet-type of boost cards for certain clans.

Well, I believe it's much less of a magic bullet than Deep Song, Perfect Parangon or Resist Earth Grasp. Yes, it's tailor made for city gangrel, like Aire of Elation, Loss, Changelin, or shroud mastery, but not significantly more.

To be honest, I believe its multi purpose is what combat card lack, that's another reason for me to like it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds