file Political Snare, new action for cel/OBF+PRO

20 Jan 2012 19:56 #21304 by porphyrion
Political Snare.
costs 1 blood :blood: .
:cel: +1 stealth (d) action. Put this card on a minion controlled by your prey. While in combat with this minion, your minions get an optional maneuver on the first round of combat.
:obf: :pro:
(D)action. Burn 2 blood from a ready vampire controlled by your prey or steal upto 3 blood from a vampire in torpor.
:OBF: :PRO: .Put this card in play. Unique (@:OBF: :PRO: ). Your prey burns 2 pool during each of his discard phases if he or she did not attempt any (d) actions on his prey since your last turn. Any Methuselah can burn this card by burning 1 pool :pool: and spending 4 transfers during his own influence phase.

-your thoughts? if you could rewrite it shorter while keeping its spirit intact, that would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2012 20:40 #21309 by Juggernaut1981
Step 1: Remove the :cel: text?
Step 2: :OBF::PRO: has too much power.
Step 3: Name seems to suggest Presence card.

Vampire Mugging
:action: Action
1 :blood: blood
:obf::pro: (D) Burn 2 blood from a ready or uncontrolled vampire controlled by your prey. Take 1 blood from the blood bank if successful.
:OBF::PRO: Put this into play. A Methuselah cannot control more than one Vampire Mugging. During your untap phase, you may tap a Gangrel antitribu vampire you control to cause your prey to burn 2 pool. Your prey can burn this card by taking a (D) action that costs the burning of the edge.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
21 Jan 2012 00:21 #21331 by Ohlmann
Juggernaut is spot on for me.

More
21 Jan 2012 02:08 #21340 by Pullen
Maybe I'm missing something, but how does :OBF: :PRO: give a Methuselah a really strong army of rats? Right now it feels like a :SER: card. Also the :cel: part just feels random. And the name seems like it would have something to do with politics, but it doesn't.

So with thous in mind, what about...

Urban Legend
Action
1 blood
(d) Tap a vampire that has more blood then the acting vampire and steal one blood.
:OBF: :PRO:
(d) Put this card in play. During your discard phase your prey burns 2 pool if he/she has no ready untapped vampire's. Any vampire can burn this card as a vote, Titled !gang! get one less vote in that referendum.

Makes it more fighty on the large vamp end and more subversive on the small vamp side and all around less like a :SER: card.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
21 Jan 2012 02:44 #21341 by Juggernaut1981
Actually, my version was always about the idea of City Gangrel going around and basically mugging people/vampires in the alleys of the city and then vanishing. So, the idea being that if you got a small cabal of City Gangrel in your City (or near your City) then they could be going around terrorising the locals (hence the tap to burn 2 pool text) but you can drive them off ((D) action and the edge as cost).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Jan 2012 13:33 #21361 by porphyrion

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does :OBF: :PRO: give a Methuselah a really strong army of rats? Right now it feels like a :SER: card. Also the :cel: part just feels random. And the name seems like it would have something to do with politics, but it doesn't.

So with thous in mind, what about...

Urban Legend
Action
1 blood
(d) Tap a vampire that has more blood than the acting vampire and steal one blood.
:OBF: :PRO:
(d) Put this card in play. During your discard phase your prey burns 2 pool if he/she has no ready untapped vampires. Any vampire can burn this card as a vote, Titled !gang! get one less vote in that referendum.

@ pullen: agree about the :SER: -flavor of the card. and the misleading title.

your version @ inferior version :obf: :pro: is fine by me, @:OBF: :PRO: it's the exact opposite of what i had originally intended the card to do (i had intented the card to produce a string of -non-political-forward motion, as per juggernaut's version). perhaps:

Urban Legend
Action
1 blood:blood:
(d) Tap a vampire who has more blood than this acting vampire and steal one blood.
:OBF: :PRO: as :obf: :pro: above, but @ +1 stealth and steal an additional blood.

there are only 23 vampires with :OBF: :PRO: for ALL groupings, starting at :cap6: , a good half of them are :cap9: and upwards. being mostly unable to multi-act, having no heavy bleeding/voting capability means the !gangrel still have a long way to go towards becoming an A-list clan anyway. a !Gangrel Palla grande/Glutto-variation would go a long way.

>>> @ juggernaut: thanks for your much improved version!!! i like your mugging ;-)
i guess a concern could be Nocturn theater in conbination with this, so perhaps changing it to "... During you Master phase you may tap an untapped Gangrel antitribu you control to cause your prey to burn 2 pool. etc..."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds