file Political Snare, new action for cel/OBF+PRO

21 Jan 2012 18:16 #21378 by Drain
You'll excuse me for not having anything positive to add, but I really don't think any of the versions strike the right chord.

- The original version feels like a Serpentis card, precisely. It is also very weak for the setup involved.

- Juggernaut's version messes around with the uncontrolled region and gives some uncharacteristic effects for the two stealth disciplines. The double superior only working with a certain clan in the context of a discipline card feels awkward.

- Pullen's version gets better but is, again, way too weak to matter and what is more, causes the target to wall up, diminishing forward motion. Having a discipline card removed by a vote seems awkward from a design view point. Either switching the card to a clan card or the referendum for a (d) action is called for.

- Porphyrion's latest is functional but, again, too far below the curve. Loki's Gift is miles better and only requires one of the cited disciplines. Have that one be your baseline and go from there. ;)

In the end, though, the card seems to fail to attack the !Gangrel's shortcomings. I tend to imagine that the designer only has a limit of one slot for discipline cards and another for clan cards to help a given clan on a new expansion. He has to make them count.

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds