file Card Idea - Ghouled Dog

26 Jan 2012 18:51 #21760 by Juggernaut1981
@Surreal:
And that is entirely why I wanted to change that. That's basically :cel:-Sticks or :cel:-Guns... not !gang! combat. This is to facilitate combat options that aren't :cel:-Sticks/Guns.

@Alek & James:
So you'd prefer to obviously make it just like another Animalism retainer that is rarely used (because Murder of Crows is infinitely better)... Wolf Companion?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2012 19:09 #21761 by jamesatzephyr

@Alek & James:
So you'd prefer to obviously make it just like another Animalism retainer that is rarely used (because Murder of Crows is infinitely better)... Wolf Companion?

No.

Why so confrontational?

More
26 Jan 2012 19:45 - 26 Jan 2012 19:45 #21764 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea - Ghouled Dog

@Surreal:
And that is entirely why I wanted to change that. That's basically :cel:-Sticks or :cel:-Guns... not !gang! combat. This is to facilitate combat options that aren't :cel:-Sticks/Guns.

I don't see how this would change things. !gang! don't have problems with presses or maneuvers. There is already plenty of that in :cel: and some in :pro: too. I feel problem is more that :cel: :pro: doesn't really suit together. Aggra poke doesn't benefit so much from additionals without ability to get extra +str. It makes sense to give some retainers for !gang! which would make environmental dmg. That makes aggra hands more scary.

I feel every discpline with !gang! is just support discpline.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 19:45 by Surreal.

More
27 Jan 2012 04:13 #21787 by Juggernaut1981
@James:
Not confrontational, just seemed to me that what I was hearing was: "Make it an animal that does 2 damage during the strike resolution step at close" which is basically a Wolf Companion and something I was deliberately trying to avoid. I rarely see them used, I haven't see too much point with them...

@Surreal:
What are the common ways to get around Agg-Poke?
- Run to long and combat ends
- S:CE
- Prevent

So this is to help ensure a comparatively cheap, permanent way to reduce the problems of Agg-poking by !gang!. There isn't much to stop prevent, other than trying to force them to play it all. There isn't much to stop S:CE other than Psyche! (which would work just fine with this card because it would reset the Ghouled Dog as well)... So while it isn't 'perfect', its intent is to make a !gang! more dangerous in combat without breaking them or just "Have more hand damage" (like Talons of the Dead which is basically useless as well)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: captain1arm

More
27 Jan 2012 06:15 #21789 by Jerkface
I'd personally make the dog deal a pool damage to opposing minions Methuselah if the opposing minion goes to torpor, which helps saves cards in other area's while keeping the !gangrel relatively fighting the same as they always have, like ninja werewolves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
27 Jan 2012 17:55 #21846 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Card Idea - Ghouled Dog

I've been thinking about ways to help Gangrel Antis !gang! get a bit better at the things they do without having to graft on giant piles of Dominate or Presence.

"Inability to win combats" is one of the only problems that the !Gangrel don't have. Giving them a mostly wallpaper combat permanent isn't going to help them win any games.

Realistically, I've always viewed City Gangrel, in particular, as ambushers. They'd run gangs of muggers.

Muggers don't beat people up for fun. A card which gave players controlling !Gangrel pool for beating up opponents, particularly a permanent (like a retainer), would be a lot more useful to the clan than any amount of help winning combats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds