file Card Idea - Ghouled Dog

26 Jan 2012 09:17 #21731 by Juggernaut1981

Re-reading the card text, what do you mean by:

Minions opposing the Gangrel Antitribu with this retainer must burn 1 blood to maneuver to long range.

A. Opposing minion burns blood, then plays a maneuver (e.g. Flash)
B. Opposing minion burns a blood TO maneuver
Looking forward to your inputs on this matter.

@CryWolf: It basically adds "Burn 1 blood to" to the text of any card played/used by the opposing vampire that provides a maneuver. So if the opponent played Flash it is as if the card read ":cel: Press, or burn 1 blood to maneuver :CEL: Burn 1 blood to maneuver and gain a press", ditto for the rest of them. If you were going to use IR Goggles (or Saturday Night Special) it would again require a "Burn 1 blood to" on the card.
It would be hard to stack too many of them, partly due to cost (and !gang! aren't known for their high bloat mechanics) but also because they don't multiact.

@Pullen: 1) It comes with +1 stealth. 2) It punishes others for running, rather than making you run better.

@Ohlmann: Yeah I can probably edit that in.

@Alek: Yes, but now you can run this using a lot more :pro: and :obf: and worry less about having to run two combat disciplines. It also makes a number of the common combat defences (i.e. Guns) less effective since they will lose blood to run to long, are likely to take an aggravated strike at close AND you will have a press to continue the combat and if they don't have a second maneuver, take an aggravated strike.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2012 11:56 - 26 Jan 2012 11:57 #21734 by jamesatzephyr
I'd be tempted to make it damage, rather than burn blood, so that Taste of Vitae might be a little more usable. But since damage is obviously a little more powerful than burn blood, I might reverse the operation slightly. So maybe something like:
If this Gangrel Antitribu [ROAR] maneuvers to close range, the opposing minion takes one damage.

Like Alek, I'm a little unconvinced by the press. I mean, it's usable and it's not harmful but it seems a bit unconvincing.

As I recall, physical disciplines (Cel, Pot, For) can all be passed on to the ghoul - Potence being the most common. At which point... could we perhaps go for something like:
If this Gangrel Antitribu [ROAR] maneuvers to close range, the opposing minion takes one damage. If this Gangrel Antitribu has Celerity [BOLT] and the opposing minion chooses a Dodge or Combat Ends strike, the opposing minion takes one damage at the start of Strike Resolution (before combat ends, if it is going to).
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 11:57 by jamesatzephyr.

More
26 Jan 2012 12:17 #21736 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea - Ghouled Dog
to make it good I would do this like this:
Opposing minion takes two damage during strike resolution if the range is close.
Minion can have only one Ghouled Dog.
Like this you will make it better/ comparable to murder of crows (which requires animalism so it's easier to meet requirements) and it fits theme nicely (attacking in dark alleys, good synergy with cel/obf which gives a lot of maneuvers in case opponent tries to get to long range

More
26 Jan 2012 12:32 #21737 by jamesatzephyr

Opposing minion takes two damage during strike resolution if the range is close.
Minion can have only one Ghouled Dog.

Elephant Guardian is similar - 1 blood, 3 life, only works when not acting.

More
26 Jan 2012 12:36 #21738 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea - Ghouled Dog
Admitely, I would better see a variant of the stray dog - like for one/two pool a 1-force, 2-life ally that tap for +1 intercept to an animal or !gangrel, and burn a life to restart a combat between a !gangrel and someone.

More defense for gangrel, and a on-table psyche! to make sur it is useful.

More
26 Jan 2012 15:27 - 26 Jan 2012 15:30 #21741 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card Idea - Ghouled Dog
I don't see !gang! needing card that only helps combat which costs an action and especially pool. I feel those cards !gang! needs the least + there's already Shadow of the Beast. Best combat with !gang! I have seen is with sticks or guns (or both) with lots of psyches, pursuits, tastes and some melds/mists + couple claws.

There should be some pool damage card with :pro: :obf: or :pro: :cel: with power level of Loss.

I would add some defensive ability for that retainer and lose the press. Something like:

Ghouled Dog
Retainer
1 blood
Requires !gang!
Animal 2 life.
You may tap this retainer before range is determined to make minions opposing vampire with this retainer to pay 1 extra blood or life to use maneuver, dodge or strike: combat ends. You may tap this retainer and burn one life from this retainer to inflict one damage to minion after succesful d-action against you. Minion may have only one Ghouled Dog.

Dodge or maneuver part can be removed if too strong. Also tapping could require to discard celerity card or something. Also that inflict damage part should be only one Dog can use it per d-action. Also Animal is better to make it combo some animalism cards.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 15:30 by Surreal.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds