file Card Idea: Seneschal

12 Mar 2012 05:25 - 12 Mar 2012 05:45 #25648 by Jerkface
Replied by Jerkface on topic Re: Card Idea: Seneschal
Seneschal
+1 stealth action. Requires a Prince.
Put this card on a non-titled Camarilla vampire with a capacity over 4. This vampire gains the Seneschal title (0 votes). During Referendums the each Methuselah gains 1 vote for each ready Seneschal they control. If a Methuselah controls more ready Seneschals than ready Princes, burn all Seneschal cards they control.

The idea behind this card is a good Seneschal will act and vote differently than the prince they work under ( a prince can be Kindred Coerced a Methuselah cannot).
Last edit: 12 Mar 2012 05:45 by Jerkface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 16:12 - 13 Mar 2012 16:17 #25747 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Card Idea: Seneschal
Seneschal
Requires a Prince.
Choose a non-titled Camarilla vampire. If this referendum is successful, put this card on the chosen vampire and untap this acting vampire. The vampire with this card gets the (unique/non-unique?) title of Seneschal (worth 1 vote). Princes get 1 additional vote in this referendum.

I feel like the card's purpose is being choked under a text overflow that adds complication and doesn't really makie it worthwhile when compared with a simple Praxis Seizure.

How about so: Taking a page from "Scourge", we get a minor benefit for a Political Action that untaps the caller. I wouldn't want Seneschal being actually worth more than Primogen (which can easily happen) but piling up restrictions like "non-titled and capacity 5+" can really add to the card being basically unplayable: who the hell are you going to play it on that doesn't already have a title and/or wouldn't benefit more from Praxis Seizure?

This way, support weenies get a different lease on life as support voters. It doesn't feel too abusable, even by breed decks, since the Prince is already relinquishing his political action for the turn (that could have been a Parity) to create a Seneschal. My only doubt is whether to make the title unique or not... arguments can go either way.

Drain
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 16:17 by Drain.

More
13 Mar 2012 16:43 #25750 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Seneschal

This way, support weenies get a different lease on life as support voters. It doesn't feel too abusable, even by breed decks, since the Prince is already relinquishing his political action for the turn (that could have been a Parity) to create a Seneschal. My only doubt is whether to make the title unique or not... arguments can go either way.

Text of scourge :

Scourge

[Political Action] Political Action

Requires a titled vampire.
[...]

Do you see the subtil difference that make scourge a lot better ? Not that I don't have said multiples times.

(even though I am not too sure we need a way to give vote as action to people, but then again it does not seem too problematics)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds