file Ideas Database

13 Mar 2012 14:15 - 13 Mar 2012 14:30 #25739 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Ideas Database
An additional field containing any url to a related topic could be useful (eg. to redirect to this forum to see existing comments).

Another disctinct text field containing the flavor text would also be appreciated.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 14:30 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 14:49 #25741 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Ideas Database

An additional field containing any url to a related topic could be useful (eg. to redirect to this forum to see existing comments).

Another disctinct text field containing the flavor text would also be appreciated.

I fear that adding too many questions/fields will seem like a hassle and deter people from using the form to add their card ideas.

The "url" field idea would be a little redundant with the "purpose" field. So what would be more useful: a brief explanation of the card idea, or a url leading presumably to the discussion of the card idea?

I think the brief explanation is more likely to be used by the person filling out the form, but the URL would be more useful to someone willing to put in the time to do more research about the card idea.

As for adding a flavor text... I don't think it's a good idea because as I said above, I think it's asking the user for more work than is necessary. Also, I think the focus should be on the mechanics.

However, this is supposed to be fun, and someone who puts the time and work into an appropriate flavor text will appreciate it. Also, a well chosen flavor text can inform as to the card concept.

So, I will add a flavor text field, but I want to hear more discussion about the "card purpose" vs. "url" fields. Perhaps I should have them both?

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
13 Mar 2012 16:24 #25748 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Ideas Database
Flavor text field may be left blank.
Url field may be left blank too.
So it shouldn't complicate the work of anyone entering some data.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
13 Mar 2012 18:36 - 13 Mar 2012 18:36 #25761 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Ideas Database
Edward/Direwolf, this database thing is really great. It looks really well done, and I look forward to reading the interesting ideas already posted.

You have good ideas - I knew there was an organizer in you!

It's a shame this important link is only on this thread. It would be great if it could be on a more fixed and prominent location.

I hope VEKN takes note of this initiative and sees its value.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 18:36 by AaronC.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds