file Card idea: Sphere of Influence

12 Mar 2012 20:45 #25690 by Ankha
Name: Sphere of Influence
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Malkavian antitribu
Unique master.
Put this card in play with 1 counter. During each Methuselah's master phase, he or she must reveal X or X+1 minion cards of the same type of his or her hand, where X is the number of counters on this card. If he or she cannot, this card is burned and you steal X pool from him or her (no pool is stolen if it's your turn). If he or she reveals X+1 cards, put a counter on this card.

Thoughts?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2012 20:51 #25696 by Ohlmann
Very malkavian indeed, with a side dish of ticking bomb.

I don't really see it being played seriously, since it's so unpredictible - and let's face it : your grandprey and grandpredator seem very likely to be the one that blow the sphere.

How do this work with multi-type card ? Can I show with X=2 a combat card and a combat / action modifier card ?

More
13 Mar 2012 05:22 #25708 by direwolf
Change the "must" to a "may." Give your prey the option to give you one pool to stop the madness.

Otherwise... It looks like a fantastic way to make cross table enemies. I approve.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
13 Mar 2012 07:55 #25725 by Ankha

Very malkavian indeed, with a side dish of ticking bomb.

I don't really see it being played seriously, since it's so unpredictible - and let's face it : your grandprey and grandpredator seem very likely to be the one that blow the sphere.

How do this work with multi-type card ? Can I show with X=2 a combat card and a combat / action modifier card ?

If you choose "combat cards", you can (since a combat / action modifier card is either one of them).

Prince of Paris, France

More
13 Mar 2012 13:35 #25736 by alek
Funny effect but awfully complicated. Apart from this it gives me very strong "artificial feeling". No theme, no background, could be a card in any CCG, doesn;t fit nice in vtes

More
13 Mar 2012 14:14 #25738 by Ankha

Funny effect but awfully complicated. Apart from this it gives me very strong "artificial feeling". No theme, no background, could be a card in any CCG, doesn;t fit nice in vtes

Malkavian Pranks/Games look the same.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds