file Card idea: Sphere of Influence

13 Mar 2012 15:26 #25744 by Drain
I like the card. Has the right feel for the Malks and is interesting to use. I might give it a burn clause to discourage straight S&B decks from playing it, though. It is an agressive card that ultimately aids in reducing the table pool totals while helping you out.

Notice that the card should pretty much always start with two counters (since you play it and immediatly reveal X+1 of whatever from your hand), making it a bit of an agressive play which might dovetail much too nicely into an already agressive deck. A pool cost of 1 might also be in order.

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 16:03 #25746 by Ohlmann

Notice that the card should pretty much always start with two counters (since you play it and immediatly reveal X+1 of whatever from your hand), making it a bit of an agressive play which might dovetail much too nicely into an already agressive deck. A pool cost of 1 might also be in order.

In fact, it is that who maje the card backfire easily.

Your prey is the one who have it easier to show the required number of card. Your cross table buddies are a lot less likely to be able to, and your predator will rarely see the card go past to him. That's because your cross table buddy may have to show three (doable but may often fail) or four (not that doable) to pass on the card.

While damaging the cross table buddy is not too bad by itself, your grandprey is letteraly the last person you want to steal pool from. Even if it's better than dying, it help your prey both defending against you and scoring VP.

That's why I don't see it played more than Malkavian Prank. It's too hard to control, and the person most likely to take advantage of it in my opinion is your prey.

More
18 Mar 2012 02:47 #26099 by pcgeol
Name: Sphere of Influence
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Malkavian antitribu
Unique master.
Put this card in play with X counters. X is the numbers of methuselah in play. During his / her untap phase a methuselah loose 1 pool and you remove a counter on this card or the methuselah may reveal x card of the same type. burn this card if there no counter.

so it became a anarch revolt like, with a different way to manage the pool lost

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds