file juggernaut <3s his combat

20 Mar 2012 06:13 - 20 Mar 2012 06:21 #26260 by direwolf
"Juggernaut"
Master: archtype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. If this vampire is ready at the end of a successful action to enter combat, this vampire untaps and bleeds.
"I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

"Unstoppable Force"
:action:
1 :blood:
Bleed at +1. If this action is blocked and the opposing vampire is not ready after combat, the action continues as if unblocked with +1 bleed.
"I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

"Immovable Object"
:reaction: :combat:
:for: :combat: Prevent 1 damage, or prevent 3 damage if this vampire blocked a bleed action.
:FOR: :reaction: Only usable during a bleed action. This vampire enters combat with the acting vampire. If the opposing vampire is ready at the end of combat, the action continues as if unblocked. The reacting vampire untaps and has -1 intercept.
"No one moves the Blob!"

"Reconnaissance"
:modifier:
1 :pool:
Contract
Only usable when a vampire plays a reaction card. Put this card on the reacting vampire. This vampire may enter combat with that vampire as a +1 stealth (d) action.

"Wait and Reprise"
:reaction:
Contract.
Only usable by a vampire that fails to block a minion. Put this card on the acting vampire. The reacting vampire may enter combat with the acting vampire as a +1 stealth (d) action. Burn this card during the acting vampire's untap phase unless this vampire's controller pays one pool.

"Bury"
:action:
:pot: Burn a vampire in torpor (this is not diablarie) and untap this vampire.
:POT: Put this card on a vampire in your prey's uncontrolled region. That Methuselah burns a pool during his or her influence phase. A vampire may only have one Bury. This card may be burned as a +1 stealth action.

"Ransom"
:combat:
Only usable when the opposing vampire goes to torpor and this vampire is still ready.
Put this card on the opposing vampire. As an additional cost to rescue this vampire from torpor, the rescuing vampire's controller must give you 2 pool (3 pool if the vampire has "Fame" or "legendary Vampire")

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 06:21 by direwolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 06:24 #26261 by Juggernaut1981
Well somebody has to love combat, especially when there are Haterz out there! :P

In the end, I just want more diversity in Tier 1 decks. Bringing things like Combat into a Primary option are just one of the ways. Nobody needs to love S&B or Vote... they've got plenty of power already!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Mar 2012 06:33 #26263 by Ohlmann
direwolf, what is your point ? Apart from Juggernaut thinking combat is a tad weak ?

More
20 Mar 2012 06:41 #26266 by direwolf
Well Juggernaut, I don't have a problem with combat per se. However, improving the viability of combat is a difficult task.

Combat typically eliminates an action a player can take. Temporary if only torpor (and at a cost!) and permanent if burned. Disallowing a player a minion can cause table imbalance and cause the victim to be unable to play the game (due to lack of minions.)

Improving the effectiveness of combat is a subtle matter. Giving the combat player an advantage without disrupting other players is certainly a challenge.

I played the board game "Carson City" for the first time yesterday. It is a "worker placement" game, and you have the ability to contest the other players. I thought they did an amazing job of allowing players to benefit from interfering with other players without ruining their game totally.

Combat in and of itself should not win you the game, but it should be a means to accomplish that goal. Combat helps you by disabling your predator or prey. We need to find new and interesting ways of making combat win games without denying other players the ability to play the game.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
20 Mar 2012 06:41 - 20 Mar 2012 06:44 #26267 by direwolf

direwolf, what is your point ? Apart from Juggernaut thinking combat is a tad weak ?

Antagonizing you.

EDIT:

Just kidding. I don't have a problem with "improving combat" but I prefer to be constructive about it. Juggernaut really likes combat and so do a lot of other people. I'm interested in making a combat themed deck better in a constructive manner without imbalancing the game.

Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 06:44 by direwolf.

More
20 Mar 2012 06:53 #26269 by Juggernaut1981
As other people have said...
There are few purposes for entering combat unless you plan to do one of two things -
1) Remove as much blood as possible (to waste their actions, stop flicks, stop other cards)
2) Put a minion in torpor because it doesn't need much blood to majorly interfere with your game (e.g. Lucian, Queen Anne, Leandro)

So we either need to give combat bonuses for doing these two things (probably defences to ensure that they need to be done less often) OR we need to give them incentives to do option 1) but not option 2) (barring certain exceptions).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds