file New card idea: Pawn of Hunedoara

14 Apr 2012 09:11 #27878 by Ashur
Pawn of Hunedoara
Requires a non-anarch, non-Black Hand vampire of capacity 8 or more.
+2 stealth action
Put this card on this vampire. Once per turn, this vampire may burn 1 blood to untap. Burn this card if this vampire votes in a referendum och plays a card that requires a title.

Game development:
Big caps without title or fortitude seldom see play.

Flavor:
The Inconnu (or one part of it?) highly secretive sect based in Hunedoara, Transylvania. They are after Golconda, or are they infernalists? They recruit old vampires that are not very affiliated with the Jyhad. Being part of their network has advantages.

Balance:
- Narrow in appliance, tries to pin-point seldom used vampires. The reason for not making it “non-titled” is the huge amount of high-cap primogen and bishops that never see play.
- Strong effect, but doesn´t make bleed+vote possible (ie too much ousting power) – might open for some tricky decks though.

Competitiveness:
Not sure. What do you think?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eius P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2012 09:24 #27879 by Ohlmann

- Strong effect, but doesn´t make bleed+vote possible (ie too much ousting power) – might open for some tricky decks though.

The first thing I think seeing this is multi-rush. One big cap, like Chaundice, act two time per turn to kill minions, while your smallcaps kill methuselahs. It's doubtfully uber-strong, but Rutor Hand have proven being a nice card, and this one will often be even cheaper.

I would add non-Baali, for two reason :
* Inconnu is not openly baali,while baali vampires in VtES are not of the cloaked variety.
* infernal big caps does not need another way to be cheaper to untap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
14 Apr 2012 09:36 #27880 by Pendargon
Exactly. Multi rush decks would be horror with this. Basilia, Lazverinus, Qawwya, Enkidu...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
14 Apr 2012 09:43 #27881 by porphyrion
nice idea.

however, the vampires that benefit most will still be the ones that already see a lot of play (nergal, enkidu, ignazio g., qawiyya, cybele, ...). i would make it for non-infernal only (shattering the gates out-of-turn with enkil cog would perhaps become too easy, a.o). and perhaps they could become independent (or even clanless) when they get this card? (further distancing them from the sects and their struggle). doesn't seem to fit the laibon either, so i would probably exclude those.

the card could cost around 2 blood, i feel, especially with the nice built-in stealth (which is fitting though). they're high-caps anyway who can pay this easily (think how ariadne would becomes cra-zy with this card and a perfectionist).

needs some tinkering but could be a great addition imo!

More
14 Apr 2012 10:29 #27885 by Ashur
Thanks for the replies. I regonize all your points and will try to adress them in the second draft. It gets very messy though, and I prefer as few words as possibly on cards I design.

Non-infernal: Yes, although I would prefer not too add that, because of the rumours of the Inconnu being infernalists.

Multi-rush: Yes, that will possibly get broken. But I´m not sure what to do about it, in a nice design. Any ideas?

Making the Pawn independent: Sure, would be easy, but I kind of like the idea with keeping the votes and forefeiting the card in dire straits.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
14 Apr 2012 11:47 - 14 Apr 2012 11:47 #27891 by Malex
Ideas and thoughts:

*Add a clause like the one on Blithe Acceptance:
Burn this card if this vampire enters combat. This vampire can burn 1 blood when he enters combat instead of burning this card.

*Non-Baali is also mainly solving the Infernal problem. Would Helena or Petaniqua be broken with this card? I don't know too much lore, but wouldn't it be possible to argue that Baali are those openly infernal, while this card relates to those secretly infernal?

I like the card! Good work!
Last edit: 14 Apr 2012 11:47 by Malex.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds