file New card idea: Pawn of Hunedoara

15 Apr 2012 09:06 #27920 by Ankha

Exactly. Multi rush decks would be horror with this. Basilia, Lazverinus, Qawwya, Enkidu...

Monster does this already. I don't see any problem with it. Should be limited to 1 per minion (or be unique).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2012 11:31 #27925 by Pendargon

Exactly. Multi rush decks would be horror with this. Basilia, Lazverinus, Qawwya, Enkidu...

Monster does this already. I don't see any problem with it. Should be limited to 1 per minion (or be unique).

true, but monster is an archetype (thus preventing, say, perfectionist that would go well with this card), and is a master, and untaps only AFTER you dunk someone.

Monster and this do not exclude each other, they rather complement in what i think is not so favorable way for the game

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
15 Apr 2012 11:42 #27926 by Izaak
For starters it needs to be one per minion. Maybe even unique.

And even then, all it does is help the guys with fortitude more. I don't think adding an action-based *disciplineless* permanent untap is a good idea. Especially one that costs no actual action since you get to use it right away.

And if you do, you have to look at its relative power with the existing ones. Helicopter, for example, is as close as it gets and that costs 3 pool, is an equipment, cannot be used the round you get it AND only works on successfull actions.

Rutor's Hand requires a fairly uncommon discipline, cannot be used the turn you get it and sends you to torpor.

I suppose there's Tattoo Signal which is actually amazingly insanely strong, but that requires a Seraph of which there are a whole 9. Ye ye, there is this vote card, but really, did anyone actually put that card in a serious deck, like ever? It also untaps another vampire and not the one with the card.

The non-Anarch non-Black Hand restriction seems completely random. Is that to prevent abuse with CrimethInc or Tattoo Signal? And if so why can it be abused with fortitude untap, which is the more realistic scenario?

And what about stacking it with Enkil Cog? Metro Underground and Enkil Cog is already pretty abusive as is, but at least it costs a pool and Metro Underground is a master.

And what about Infernals? This card basically removes the infernal penalty. And aside from that, Cybele is already quite competitive enough when she has 1 action per turn.

Totally broken. I´d much see fortitude untap powered down instead of power creeping everything else up to that level.

More
15 Apr 2012 14:21 #27934 by direwolf

Whether a vampire is "known" to be infernal or not does not matter. Just because a vampire in V:tES has the text "Infernal" does not mean that the rest of the vampires in the game "knows" that the vampire is infernal (in fact, that is irrelevant.)

By this reasoning, the base version of Marcus Vitel should be Lasombra, not Ventrue.

Not so. Clan is a perceived factor, I.E. "Clan Impersonation." A vampire can masquerade as a member of another clan in order to use the benefits (and restrictions!) of that clan.

An infernal vampire exhorts it's cost from the Methuselah regardless of whether you use cards that would indicate that the vampire is infernal. You can have a deck with infernal vampires, without a single card that requires an infernal vampire.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
16 Apr 2012 04:02 - 16 Apr 2012 04:04 #27975 by jAvel
Pawn of Hunedoara
Cost: 2 pool.
Requires a vampire of capacity 8 or more.
+2 stealth action
Put this card on this vampire. Once per your minion phase, this vampire may untap. This vampire burns additional blood when untapping during your minion phase. Burn this card if this vampire votes in a referendum, plays a card that requires a title or becomes infernal.

* prevents using it with other untap cards.
* costs 1 blood to untap.
* costs pool to represent difficulty of contactin Iconnu
* infernal thing is optional.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 04:04 by jAvel.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds