file Submission - Pentex Intrusion (Villein-hoser master)

07 Nov 2012 12:50 #40515 by Lemminkäinen

"top card" to avoid the card needing too much time for every villein.

Ash heap isn't ordered (you are free to shuffle your ash heap at any time or do whatever you want with it, basically).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 13:11 - 07 Nov 2012 13:18 #40519 by Ankha

Just a word of caution: the general design principal for VEKN released cardss is to create enablers not hosers. If something is broken it needs banning, not hosing through silver bullets ;-)

I don't think you can realistically ban Villein or Minion Tap without creating big trouble in the community. Nerfing them is not really a solution (we don't want card text that differs from what is printed).
And "general design" is general, but there can always be exceptions.
Last but not least, it's not a hoser in fact, it's a card that provides you an extra transfer with a drawback :)

It also hoses two Blood Dolls or two Vessels on the same vamp...

I don't think so, because two transfer of one still net you 2 blood.

Exactly. Two Blood Dolls are two separate effects.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 13:18 by Ankha.

More
07 Nov 2012 14:13 #40523 by Izaak

Just a word of caution: the general design principal for VEKN released cardss is to create enablers not hosers. If something is broken it needs banning, not hosing through silver bullets ;-)

So then, when will the VEKN axe Lilith's and GB?

More
07 Nov 2012 14:25 #40524 by Ohlmann

So then, when will the VEKN axe Lilith's and GB?

It won't be complete without also axing Voter cap, the third card that create way too much blood for the effort spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
07 Nov 2012 14:38 - 07 Nov 2012 14:41 #40525 by Ankha
Without Villein (and Minion Tap), Liith's Blessing and GB wouldn't be a problem at all.

And I'm more and more convinced that the game dynamics should be strongly oriented towards decrease of the resources, meaning that ways of gaining massive pool (such as Villein) should be nerfed/banned.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 14:41 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
07 Nov 2012 15:45 - 07 Nov 2012 15:47 #40526 by Izaak
Ye well, except that Villein enables so many cards/vampires that it's done more good than bad for the game. The problem (if any) is the combo with GB/Lilith. Killing that seems fairly simple, with the bonus effect that you also get rid of two universal, easy to play cards that create beads out of thin air. The idea of Villein creating a buffer for slower decks to set up is a very healthy one, it's just that if the buffer comes for basically no cost at the moment.

I mean, I would have been perfectly happy with a non-MT hosing trifle Villein that would always take exactly 3 or 4, but that ship sailed long ago when WW in its infinite wisdom chose to ignore that particular suggestion.

Regarding voter cap, I'm not sure if that needs a change. Yes, it also created beads out of thin air, but this is done by a sequence of non-trivial actions to succeed. Sure, I've also been at tables where someone passes votercapped votes every turn and ends up with 80 pool of guys on the table, but that's not exactly the standard, plus it's easy to shut down and/or meta against.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 15:47 by Izaak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds