file [submission] Toxic Miasma and Malfeasance

29 May 2014 15:12 #62858 by Louhi

Samedi combat would become viable ( nobody tell me it is.... its tier 2 at its best, and its all about withering if its tood samedi combat, period) with the first card. Hot. Really neat. Rush, trap, that card, then groaning corpse, wither, keep going.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but the only problem Samedi combat has it it's lack of reliable ways to deal with S:CE (outside of Hidden Lurker + Withering, which requires a block anyway, so that's moot). Aiming for a "tier 1 combat" is meaningless if you're just going to beat a non-combat deck, and if you have problems with other combat decks and want to add even more to solve the problem, you're stuck in an arms race that just wastes precious deck space imho. If you expect lots of combat as a Samedi, bring more prevent and ousting power and focus on the main goal.

Most important, a trifle action for clan samedi that gets the top card of your crypt into uncontrolled region without the blood cost of outferior clothos.

Morlock and Recruitment Exercise could be it. Together with Coroner's Contact you quickly hit the ceiling for transfers home anyway.

Lidingö Scourge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 15:28 #62860 by ReverendRevolver
I love Morlock and Baroque, but hate that grouping. Ive ousted with Macoute more than id care to admit, but g2-3 is the best, easily. Genina with sense dep ive never tried, but i think 2>4 there as well.

Anyway......

The dawn op things probably too strong, but during strike resolution or burning blood or life corrects.

Wither and rigor trump guns, with is a hand strike, so fortitude and that smoke grapple. Olid loa and rigor sbould beat animalism, but depends on manuevering to close to stop everything but bird damage.

Ive shut down Fakir Al Sidi with wither, trap, stick before.

They need reliable intercept. Even a DNR until end of action card that at THN allows blocking a D action with 1 intercept. Ive built open dossier dirty contract (it did as well as youd expect, which is not well, but was tested little) and anytime i say "if they all could play second trad, id win" i should try a new deck. But, thats the weakness. Gargoyles SHOULD have a reaction like that, and need one, so maybe samedi could settle for one that costs a blood from a zombie? Still, need defense.

Answer to sce, add one to the first card?

More
30 May 2014 09:30 #62885 by jamesatzephyr

They need reliable intercept. Even a DNR until end of action card that at THN allows blocking a D action with 1 intercept. Ive built open dossier dirty contract (it did as well as youd expect, which is not well, but was tested little) and anytime i say "if they all could play second trad, id win" i should try a new deck. But, thats the weakness. Gargoyles SHOULD have a reaction like that, and need one,

Erm, Gargoyles already have several bits of decent enough intercept.

Patrol is a simple +1 intercept for Flight.

Scry the Hearthstone is +1 intercept during (D) actions with an optional maneuver for [vis], with a limited card canceller at [VIS].

Voices of the Castle gives you general intercept or a bleed reducer.

More
30 May 2014 09:40 - 30 May 2014 09:44 #62886 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Malfeasance
Cardtype: :action:
Cost: 0
Clan::same:
Put this card into play. When one of your Samedi :same: succesfully bleeds your prey, that Vampire may put a Malfeasance counter on this card. If it does so, the bleed burns no pool; it is unsuccessful. When one of your Samedi :same: successfully bleeds your prey, that Vampire may burn a Malfeasance counter to force your prey to burn two pool. Any minion can burn Malfeasance as a (D) action.

Lacks possibly the most useful aspect of Spying Mission - that of being able to stop a bleed when it goes to your grand-prey.

And since the Samedi mostly lack solid defensive capabilities, the burn clause is likely to make life extremely painful. Without a Freak Drive available the turn you play it, three vampires do three pool damage - the first to play Malfeasance, the second to bleed and have their bleed made unsuccessful, the third to bleed for one and also burn 2 pool. Then your prey can probably just burn it anyway. At which point, it might be worth considering the alternative setup with three vampires, where the first plays Computer Hacking, the second bleeds for one, and the third bleeds for one - total pool damage, four. (Of course, you could be playing other bleed cards too, but I'm just swapping the Malfeasance with a bleed card, for both situations.)

With a Freak Drive available, again, consider swapping it for something like a Cameraphone or JS Simmons and you potentially come out ahead overall, assuming the card gets burned quickly.
Last edit: 30 May 2014 09:44 by jamesatzephyr.

More
30 May 2014 15:09 #62892 by ReverendRevolver
I am 100% aware or the 3 reactions available to gargoyles.

Voices of the Castle is the best of the 3, and remember Gargoyle wall decks tearing up the tournament scene post-Heirs? Me neither. Tupdog is the only solid gargoyle build, which is stupid. 78% of the problem is better non slave crypt cards, the remaining 22% is that combats hard to win with and they lack defensive competence that ani, aus, and abo have.

Historically, if it gives intercept and untaps, its broken, if it does one or the other in one card its good.

Eyes of argus, predators communion, sense the savage way are all templates for what a VIS card requiring gargoyle of capacity 4+ could do to help.

Defender of the haven and ensconced are playable, but meh compares to other stuff.

But, i do agree about the THN card.

More
31 May 2014 00:15 #62905 by self biased

The dawn op things probably too strong, but during strike resolution or burning blood or life corrects.

it's not really any more horrifying than dawn op/weather control, which was something of the inspiration for the card. i mean, it's pretty much flat-out better than DO/WC, but... you know... samedi.

Lacks possibly the most useful aspect of Spying Mission - that of being able to stop a bleed when it goes to your grand-prey.

my first idea was for an army of rats style card that could be buffed.

it should be noted that thematically, it's not exactly easy to generate thanatosis cards that wouldn't also be awesome Necromancy cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds