file submission: el diablo verde

22 May 2015 09:29 #71290 by ReverendRevolver
Might be fair; similar vamps are lorrie dunsirn (POTfor+1 strength) with heavy drawback and plain combat purposead neighbor john for 5 cap SUPinfinf with +smething. Lorrie does 8 damage in a vaccuum, john just blocks. "Cannot attempt political actions" "cannot block undirected actions" seem reasonable drawbacks if bleeding is too high. End of the day, hes a 5 cap that only gets intercept from masters and a mortal retainer. He can do super block stuff with free untap, but hes not earth melding- hes gonna stop disarm/soaking or whatever eventually....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2015 14:54 #71294 by jamesatzephyr

He can do super block stuff with free untap, but hes not earth melding- hes gonna stop disarm/soaking or whatever eventually....

It's not just on block combats, though - being able to Bum's Rush, cardless untap, Ambush is still pretty pokey.

End of the day, hes a 5 cap that only gets intercept from masters and a mortal retainer.

While he doesn't have the kit to be a superb blocker, there are a number of alternative options - Sport Bikes, Elder Intervention/Pack Tactics, Steadfastness, Heidelberg Castle, Atonement (so long as he remains below 6). None are completely terrible.

More
25 May 2015 14:52 #71316 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, and Abbot. Access to all disciplineless rushes (bums, ambush, harass, big game, rumble...) and fortitude charge of the buffalo.

Im on drugs. Being a 5 cap is all keeping free untap in check here. Maybe a no reaction cards or no equipment restriction.... whatever clutters up the text box the least. Grouping with ok weenie potence and plenty POT/pot fortitude gets tricky. Heres an idea:

He shares 2 inclans with gargoyles, gargoyles do almost ok when enslaved to DOM support to bleed and bounce, this guy plus weenies with dom or any of his stuff and he clears a path while they bleed and bounce.

Anyway, still an interesting card, even if Im an blind and missed intercept and tons of rush options.

More
25 May 2015 18:17 #71321 by jamesatzephyr

Yea, and Abbot.

Not as currently designed. Abbot requires Sabbat vampires.

Im on drugs. Being a 5 cap is all keeping free untap in check here. Maybe a no reaction cards or no equipment restriction.... whatever clutters up the text box the least.

For a vampire with POT, most combative equipment is fairly irrelevant - maybe the odd Leather Jacket. (Because with POT and no other anti-S:CE discipline, you want Immortal Grapple and therefore no weapons.) So in practical terms, you're basically locking out Cameraphone/Laptop and Sport Bike. Which still leaves you with a bunch of mortal retainers - JS Simmons, Tasha, Mr Winthrop etc.

More
31 May 2015 20:28 #71445 by snegiem
Yep you are all right. I thought that red list was a bigger drawback : s

in fact before to write him red list i was up to write : any minion can enter combat with el diablo verde as a d action.El.diablo verde cannot block action that does not target him.

I tried too to see how i could allow him to play grapple or maneuver or press instead of giving him.disciplines...
But all ideas i had was giving him a far too long text.

same about the capacity. He is a very young vampire so he could even be a 2 or 3 capacity with less disciplines (still with POT anyway) ... and to be weenie could be a drawback by itself to his special ability...
(I mean if you are cap 2, a .44 gun makes you empty if you have only POT)

I have to think it over again...

More
31 May 2015 20:33 #71446 by snegiem
Name: el diablo verde
Cardtype: nosferatu
group: 6
capacity: 2
POT

independant. red list. if el diablo verde is ready at the end of a combat and the opposing minion is not, you gain the edge. You can burn the edge when el diablo verde is in combat to give him a maneuver or to give him a press. El diablo verde cannot block undirected action. + 1 strength. - 1 stealth.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds