file Vampire: the Eternal Struggle in the Dark Ages, expansion set idea.

22 Jun 2015 07:20 - 22 Jun 2015 09:50 #71811 by Mr. Moonshine
More self-replies! Hope you all had a great Midsummer! Some ideas coalesced in my head during these times of the midnight sun, and here's a sample:

Name: Bratovitch revenant
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 2 pool
Capacity: Not applicable
Discipline: Not applicable
Clan: Tzimisce
Requires a vampire with a capacity of 6 or higher.

Revenant with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.

When Bratovitch revenant enters play, the acting vampire may burn 1 blood to give it 1 extra life. Bratovitch revenant can enter combat with a ready minion controlled by your prey or predator as a (D) action. It cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to long range, cannot use presses to end combat, cannot dodge and cannot use equipment. It can play cards in combat requiring basic Animalism, Potence or Vicissitude as a vampire with a capacity of 3.

Flavor text: None yet.

Art notes: A muscular creature of indeterminate gender, tending to a gigantic hell-hound. The features of the creature are akin to the hound, except it walks on two feet, whereas the hound with all fours.

World of Darkness reference: Libellus Sanguinis 1, p. 57

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Some punch for the Tzimisce, very obedient but with a certain stubborn streak.

Created by: Mika Nurmikolu

Name: Danislav Elder

Revenant with 3 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed.

If Danislav Elder has less than 3 life during your untap, it gains 1 life. It can play cards requiring basic Auspex, Protean or Vicissitude as a vampire with a capacity of 4.

Before range is chosen in a combat, Danislav Elder may tap to end that combat and inflict 1 unpreventable damage on each combatant and any retainers they have after combat ends.

If a Tzimisce you control is in torpor and Danislav Elder is untapped, you must tap Danislav Elder and burn that Tzimisce. If a Tzimisce is in torpor, the Danislav Elder must attempt to burn it as a (D) action.

All werewolves may enter combat with Danislav Elder as a (D) action.

Flavor text: None yet, something from the Werewolf dark ages.. :)

Art notes: A black-haired man or woman in xer 50's. Outside, in the woods. Eyebrows meet over the nose and canine teeth are pronounced. Tasteful, higher-class clothes. On the background, a storm is brewing above a grand mansion.

World of Darkness reference: Transylvania by Night, p. 158.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: More revenants for the Tzimisce, this one a bit unruly to balance it out.

Name: Grimaldi revenant
Cost: 1 pool
Requires a vampire with a capacity of 5 or higher.

Revenant with 2 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed.

When Grimaldi revenant enters play, the acting vampire may burn 1 blood to give it 1 extra life. Grimaldi revenant cannot play any cards that cost blood. It can play cards requiring basic Celerity, Dominate or Fortitude as a vampire with a capacity of 2.

Flavor text: None yet

Art notes: Rich merchant, infiltrating a court somewhere in Prague. A devilish look in xer eyes as xe surveys the gathering of nobles.

World of Darkness reference: Libellus Sanguinis 1, p. 58

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A revenant for the bugdet-conscious, hopefully still with some usability.

Edit: added some more revenants below.

Name: Obertus revenant

Revenant with 2 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed.
Domain of Byzantium.

When Obertus revenant enters play, the acting vampire may burn 1 blood to give it 1 extra life. It can play cards requiring basic Auspex, Obfuscate or Vicissitude as a vampire with a capacity of 4.

Obertus revenant may burn 1 life to give a minion you control +1 intercept, or burn 2 life to give any minion +1 intercept. You may tap Obertus revenant to draw 2 cards (discard down to your hand size afterwards). This ability may not be used during combat. If you do not discard a card during your discard phase, tap all Obertus revenants.

Flavor text: None yet, but gonna include some soon..

Art notes: A monk in a Byzantine 12th-century robes, with somewhat unnatural features, walking up a stairwell with a large tome in other and a lantern in another hand.

World of Darkness reference: Libellus Sanguinis 1, p. 58

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Another revenant example, with a hopefully useful & flavourful special and the ever-present obsession for secrets.

Some more revenant families still to come, so if your favourite was not listed, don't feel left out. Comments welcome - if people don't reply to this thread, I suppose everything is in order and will continue to spew our cards here, so if you want me to stop and release stuff e.g. in one go, please tell me :P

best regards
Mika Nurmikolu
Last edit: 22 Jun 2015 09:50 by Mr. Moonshine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2015 22:29 - 09 Nov 2015 22:33 #74179 by Mr. Moonshine
YES! YES! YES! Go Paradox!!!!! Perhaps V:tES will rise from torpor once more, and the players are now even older than before, with more purchasing power... ;) go for it!! *pretty please with sugar on top*!!

Meanwhile here are some Gangrels for your perusal! More to come, and hey, if you Paradox dudes and dudettes are reading this and interested about my thoughts / ideas regarding this set, feel free to PM me 8)!

Name: Arthur Dunlop
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gangrel
Level: Basic
Group: DA
Capacity: 5
Discipline: ani for PRO tha

Art notes: Wan and sickly man in his fifties, with a gnarled staff and an arcane ruby pendant. Inside a farmhouse, seems to be gazing at the moon through the open window, but in the background, the moonlight reveals blood splattered around the floor of the mortal family. Dark-burgundy tartan.

World of Darkness reference: The Sun Has Set, p. 79-80

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A member of the The Dunlop pack, and perhaps has some utility in thaumaturgical decks also?

Name: Richard Dunlop
Discipline: ani FOR PRO

Art notes: Curly, reddish-brown hair, and a squinting, cynical look. Carries a large axe. Dark-burgundy tartan.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A member of the The Dunlop pack, with suitable disciplines to strenghten a normal Gangrel deck.

Name: William Dunlop
Discipline: ani for PRO

If another Dunlop takes 2 or more damage in a combat, William gains 1 blood at the end of that combat. If another Dunlop goes to torpor, William gains 2 blood. If a Dunlop is in torpor, William must take a +1 stealth action to burn that vampire. This is not considered diablerie. If there are several targets, you choose which one to target.

Art notes: Straight black hair with white streaks, worn in a ponytail. Carries three knives in whalebone scabbards. Dark-burgundy tartan.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A member of the The Dunlop pack, with a beneficial special ability, unless the Dunlops take too many punches and William decides to make a run for it.. :D perhaps also a tool to use against other Methuselahs playing the Dunlop pack, or would this aspect be too strong?

Name: Count Dunlop
Capacity: 9
Discipline: ANI aus FOR obf pot PRO
Count Dunlop has 1 vote. Recruiting animalism retainers costs him 1 extra blood. During your untap phase, Count Dunlop can give 1 blood to another Dunlop. If Mithras is in play,he has -2 votes. All Dunlops can enter combat with Mithras as +1 stealth action. Werewolves can enter combat with Count Dunlop as a (D) action.

Art notes: Strong lean wolf-of-a-man, with a craggy broken nose and brutal face. Long red and white beard, and eyes of bright emerald green. Very large. Face beginning to be a bit shrunken with age, skin beginning to look like parchment in some small places.

World of Darkness reference: The Sun Has Set, p. 78-79

How does this card address a compelling game need?: The Patriarch of Dunlop family, with a resentment towards a certain Lord of London 8)

And then, some different vampires, perhaps you can recognize these ;)

Name: Mielat Dávgon
Capacity: 4
Discipline: ani AUS pro

Autarkis. If Mielat is in torpor during the beginning or the end of your turn, move Mielat to your ready region.

Art notes: Young male, with black hair and brown eyes & pale skin, sitting in the evening with some mortal friends on the bank of a free-flowing large river.

World of Darkness reference: Not to spoil the surprise I'll tell you later ;)

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A hopefully interesting concept finally explored a bit further!

Name: Oajá Magga
Capacity: 6
Discipline: ANI AUS pro

Autarkis. Oajá has +1 stealth when performing a non-directed action. Autarkis have +1 intercept against Oajá.

Art notes: A black-haired young woman, with brown eyes and very pale skin, travelling thru a snowy pine forest.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: The midcap one, with a perhapsly usable special with a twist!

Name: Leandu
Capacity: 8
Discipline: ANI AUS PRO

Autarkis. Leandu gains 1 blood during your untap. All Methuselahs burn two extra pool when playing master cards that target Leandu. Leandu can burn 1 blood to cause an action targetting her to fail.

Art notes: A white-haired older woman, with brown eyes, sitting on the top of a fell, the night revealing some flames lit for lighting down in the valley, where several tents and moving humans can be seen.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: The final one, with some appropriately-themed specials!

Thanks and goodnight! I'll post more cards sooner than later, I promise :P!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2015 22:33 by Mr. Moonshine.

More
14 Jan 2016 05:51 #74930 by xXLazarusXx
I'm glad someone ran with my idea.

This needs to be the next set....

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

More
15 Jan 2016 05:14 - 15 Jan 2016 05:23 #74937 by xXLazarusXx
I'm replying to myself!
Sorry now I have time to expand on this.

So, here's my thoughts on..
Clan cappadocian, ah my favorite clan.
I feel like this is going to be a hard clan to make cards for, seeing as the geovanni already covered it pretty well with necromancy.
I feel like they need to capitalize on the auspex (for intercept) and the fortitude for taking and dealing with the damage.

This leaves mortis.
I feel like the discipline branch "the graves decay" could make for some fun aggravated damage cards, notably "wither" and "destroy the husk".
The corpse in the monster would lend its self to bringing allies and retainers back from the ash heap, maybe dealing with vampires in torpor.
Cadaverous Animation lends itself to recruiting and maintaining allies and retainers.

So, what I see here is a discipline that can go a few ways. I would prefer to have some damage dealing mechanics, seeing as their other disciplines lend themselves to little else than intercept and soaking damage.
Just my thoughts...

I remember long ago, someone had made up some cappadocians for vtes, including some cards for mortis.
I have them printed up and have played them with varying success.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2016 05:23 by xXLazarusXx. Reason: Typo

More
22 Feb 2016 16:09 #75516 by xXLazarusXx
+++Bump+++
This little project needs to continue.
V:tDA needs an expansion so bad.
Fresh clans, disciplines and storyline... so much potential...

Prince of Lodi, Ca

More
10 Apr 2016 22:31 - 10 Apr 2016 22:49 #76356 by Mr. Moonshine
Hello everyone!

Thanks for the interest in the set :) sorry for the long pause! I thought vekn.net had entered the abyss since there was a mysterious shutdown earlier, but finally remembered to check again and was delighted to see that the site is back! Although I prefer the earlier layout, this is too non-vampiric-looking :D

Without further ado! Four lowcap Tzimisces :) more is to come! Please tell about your impressions :)

Name: Ilias cel Frumos
Discipline: aus tha vic

Domain of Transylvania. Koldunist.

Art notes: A very beautiful young man - sharp chin, high cheekbones. Eyes of fiery auburn brown , thick red-gold hair. Simple, yet good-quality travelling clothes. Armed with a knife.

World of Darkness reference:

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A Dark Ages version of Ilias - but what does it mean to be a Koldunist? This will be explored later ;)!

Name: Erzebet Toth, the Lesser Child
Discipline: ani cel VIC

Domain of Byzantium. If Erzebet is at one blood, she must hunt as an action.

Art notes: Beautiful but haughty, black hair, very pale, almost glowing skin. Comely yet cold. Simple travelling dress, a few specks of blood somewhere tarnishing the otherwise clean fabric.

World of Darkness reference: Bitter Crusade, p. 93-94.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Some low-cap Tzimisces for the Dark Ages.

Name: Bodor Toth, Father of the Brood
Discipline: AUS VIC

Domain of Byzantium. +1 intercept

Art notes: Quite tall, gaunt, dusky-skinned middle-aged Moor. Piercing brown eyes, turban withholding long grey hair. Persian, brown and grey robes, calm yet stern expression.

World of Darkness reference: Bitter Crusade, p. 93-94.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: More low-caps, this one with a hopefully interesting twist.

Name: Marelle, Sculptor of Wolves
Discipline: ANI aus VIC

Domain of Transylvania. When recruiting retainers or allies that require Animalism, she burns one less blood or pool if successful. All werewolves can enter combat with Marelle as a (D) action. If Marelle is in combat with a werewolf, the werewolf gets +1 strength.

Art notes: Barely identifiable as a woman, with impossibly long nails and fingers and very long, flowing, matted black hair. In a forest, at full moon, naked, with a disturbing mass of something organic, still alive, lying in front of her. Very bestial. Seems to be listening closely to something while crouching.

World of Darkness reference: Transylvania by Night, p. 117-118.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A flavourful (hopefully!) low-cap for the Tzimisce clan!

ta ta!
Last edit: 10 Apr 2016 22:49 by Mr. Moonshine.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds