file Submission: Passivism

14 Oct 2015 04:12 #73644 by Zenedar
Replied by Zenedar on topic Re: Submission: Passivism
Why over powered? Looks like a weak card to me. Can't be used against immortal grapple and it doesn't do anything against animalism combat or guns so basicly it's useful against ally combat? Combat ends seems better in that case anyway. :S :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2015 05:27 #73689 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Submission: Passivism

"Strike: hand strikes deal no damage this round of combat."

Very over powered, and without a cost. If this was in game I'd be packing a shite ton in all my pres decks, making my pres decks almost combat proof.(As combat is big in our meta).

presence has already multiple strike combat ends, bleed/vote mods/ally theft.

The basic level is worse than a dodge. The superior is worse than combat ends. Which is why it costs no blood, and untaps the vampire at superior.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
16 Oct 2015 06:00 #73690 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Submission: Passivism
How does this card address a compelling game need?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Oct 2015 17:23 #73700 by Jadasc
Replied by Jadasc on topic Re: Submission: Passivism
Is the title meant to be "Pacifism," or is there something about being passive that I'm missing?

More
16 Oct 2015 19:36 #73701 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Submission: Passivism
"Passivism" means a passive approach to something or life in general.

"Pacifism" means that you oppose the use of physical force, particularly in the context of the military. Pacifism does not imply passivism: pacifists may be very active in protesting wars and such.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
27 Oct 2015 03:32 - 27 Oct 2015 03:33 #73883 by Maddog
Replied by Maddog on topic Re: Submission: Passivism

Why over powered? Looks like a weak card to me. Can't be used against immortal grapple and it doesn't do anything against animalism combat or guns so basicly it's useful against ally combat? Combat ends seems better in that case anyway. :S :S

Player 1 plays torn sign post, + octopod + undead strength vs Player 2 playing Passivism which protects against a pretty big hit + additional hits and costs nothing.

Player 1 hits for hands for 1 agg vs player 2 playing Passivism, being completely immune from any hand strikes and additional hand strikes this round without a cost is to unbalanced.

Even "Rigor Mortis" at inferior presence cost 1 blood for the same additional strikes denial "The opposing minion cannot use any additional strikes this round (cost 1 blood)

Presence already has multiple strike combat ends cards, Unholy Penance, Toreador's Bane, Putrefaction, Majesty, Force of Personality and Catatonic Fear.I don't think it needs any more variations.

I think there are other disciplines/clans in this game that need strengthening before we continue to buff a good solid strong discipline such as presence.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 03:33 by Maddog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds