file Submission: Blinding Speed

14 Jun 2017 18:11 #82211 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Blinding Speed
Oh, but you don't need to worry about the outferior making it unplayable by True Brujahs! As long as you're not using the celerity effect, playing the card doesn't 'require' it. So you're good to go. :)

Other than that, I'm fine with the wording! I would've added the extra clauses about unlock and stuff for extra clarity, as these effects can get a bit confusing unless you're already familiar with how Enkil Cog works.

But you will need to have the 'even if there is no action' clause, even if the implication is very clear. See Rewind Time for example.

It's a cool card to be honest. Very :trub: .

And I'd LOVE to have something tailor made for Ibn-Khaldun (even if Nu would still use it better).

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 19:00 #82212 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Blinding Speed
Hmm... Rewind Time at superior is played during another player's Master phase when normally minions aren't allowed to take actions or play reactions which is why that clause is necessary.

This card is still occurring during the minion phase, it just isn't usable in your own minion phase like all reaction cards. Now there is a rules question here, but I think it is covered under Madness Network and Enkil Cog... which is that the acting vampire should be able to play action modifiers during the action without any additional card text.

So based on the understanding that True Brujah can play it for :tem: and :TEM: then the outferior becomes very simple.

Name: Blinding speed
Cost: None
Type: :reaction:
Play at the end of another Methuselah's minion phase.
:cel: This vampire burns a :blood: and may attempt an action. This vampire goes to torpor after the resolution of that action.
:tem: This vampire may attempt an action. Cards played by this vampire during this action are not replaced until your next unlock phase.
:TEM: As :tem: above, but the action is at +1 stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.

"Time is unforgiving." -Krassimir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds