file Submission: Brood of Brokers

09 Jul 2017 14:27 - 23 Mar 2018 12:20 #82519 by Kraus
Submission: Brood of Brokers

Name: Brood of Brokers
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu
+1 Stealth Action
Unique. Put this card in play. Any Nosferatu you control may take a (D) action against your Prey to name a card. If the target Methuselah has any number of copies of that card in their hand, they discard one of them and burn 2 pool. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

Flavor text: We drink and we know things.

Art notes:
A haven in sewers crowded by nosferatu. The place is renovated to work as an office of sorts. Some nosferatu have pens and papers and microphone head sets and are shouting at each other across the room for latest news; some are sitting at desks with laptops, typing frantically; there is a nosferatu walking in, carrying a box full of blood bags.

ALTERNATIVELY

Have a more psychedelic design in the same vein of old art design. A face shot of Ebanezer Roush, real close like, and gleaming eyes. There are plenty of other similarly glowing eyes in the background.

World of Darkness reference:
Nosferatu form societies called Broods for protection, and their most important form of affecting the kindred society is by information brokering.
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Nosferatu_(VTM)

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
This card effectively gives a purpose to playing many special effects Nosferatu have, but few of which are impressive on their own:
Tiberius the Scandalmonger in G1
Alonzo Guillen in G3
Gerard Rafin in G3
Jara Drory in G3
Harold Tanner in G4
It also has extra synergy with Owl Companion and Shrecknet. It offers a whole different kind of an archetype to Nosferatu, who have since always lacked offensive options (and giving them dominate does not help the clan or flavor itself).
What about Revelations, Pulse of Canaille and Aura Reading on :aus: nosferatu?

It could either be used for singling out cards in your Prey's hand, or to enable swarm tactics. It could even be used to validate deck burning in conjuction with Slaughterhouse. It has extra synergy with off-clan Auspex for information revealing effects.

This is a camarilla Nosferatu version of leveraging compared to !Nosferatu Inside Dirt.

Created by:
Petrus Makkonen, Petro Hirvonen, Petteri Teerikangas

Brood of Brokers
:action:
:nosf:
+1 Stealth Action
Unique. Put this card in play. Any Nosferatu you control may take a (D) action against your Prey to name a card. If the target Methuselah has any number of copies of that card in their hand, they discard one of them and burn 2 pool. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.
We drink and we know things.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 12:20 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2017 07:45 #82539 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Brood of Brokers
A continuation from Nosferatu Broker, comparing the effect to Precision.

Why would this card be played then?

Well, first of all Precision requires :CEL: to be pool damage. It's only 1 pool damage at the expense of 1 blood. My suggested effect is no blood and 2 pool damage. Thus, it's a greater effect. :)

Nosferatu is laden with information effects. Celerity isn't (even though it's often paired with Auspex). Thus, it's a bit more usable by nosferatu.

This card here makes for multiple action possibilities in one card, even though it's not at stealth (compared to the action version). Thus, compressed, a more breedy kind of a deck might find more use from this.

I could list more, but let's be real:

Precision is just a really bad card, and I think we'll all agree on that. It could be used basically only as a comparison point: this effect and card MUST be better (as it should be, since information is the Nosferatu special), and it's debatable if the effect can be pushed past broken no matter what we did.

With that out of the way (hopefully), I'd be glad for any additional discussion. :) I think this kind of an effect is something that absolutely should be added to the nosferatu card pool.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

More
23 Mar 2018 12:15 - 23 Mar 2018 12:21 #85982 by Kraus
//bump

A bit of threadomancy now that people got into Nosferatu card suggestions.

Those with more lore knowledge than I could tell me if this should be both :nosf: and !nosf! .

-Nalia De-Arnise

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 12:21 by Kraus.

More
23 Mar 2018 14:55 #85988 by LivesByProxy
This is a cool idea, and it should be Nosferatu & !Nos, regardless of lore. I think VTES sacrifices too much in the way of gameplay by being so obedient to the lore. #opinion

Also, I think the wording should be something like:
Unique. Put this card in play. Any Nosferatu you control may take a (D) action against your Prey to name a card. If the target Methuselah has any number of copies of that card in their hand they must discard one of them and burn 2 pool, or they must reveal their hand. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

I think it needs this stipulation about revealing their hand so that we know they aren't cheating. This is what MTG does with such cards, and is good prevention against cheating. It may need a 'once per turn' clause though.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Mar 2018 15:12 - 23 Mar 2018 15:14 #85991 by Bloodartist
I like the idea of nosferatu peeking into players hands, as it suits their flavor of information gatherers perfectly. I've already played with Gerard Rafin and Jara Drory recently.

This card would give a better reason of doing it.

I agree with livesByProxy though in that the hand should be revealed to not instigate cheating (or slow the game down by calling a judge every turn).

The card should be made to require either nos or !nos though.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 15:14 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Mar 2018 15:46 #85993 by Kraus
Plenty of reasons why i think revealing the hand is a horrible idea but ill try to write more about it once i get on a keyboard.

-Nalia De-Arnise

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds