file Submission: Brood of Brokers

23 Mar 2018 15:52 #85995 by kschaefer
If you need to look at the hand to ensure someone isn't cheating, then you need to be playing VtES with different people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 16:06 #85996 by LivesByProxy
One could argue that cheating is thematically appropriate for a game about vampires and their lies, deception, and political intrigues. :P :thinking:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Mar 2018 17:30 - 23 Mar 2018 17:36 #86001 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Brood of Brokers
Okay, so.

The thing about checking hands or other conditions is that it's not done in VTES. Before Ankha or someone gives a go to rewrite this whole design philosophy in cards and design and rulings I'll be writing my suggestions in the design philosophy we have now. :) Vast Wealth doesn't 'reveal' the cards from the top, nor does a player get a chance to check the target of a Govern. It's how this game is played.

In a tournament setting you can ask for a judge to check things if you think there's a problem. Usually there isn't. As far as this card goes, I as the OP will rule this matter settled. :D Sry guys! If you want to discuss this further, you'll have to take it to the design team.

As for the balance, revealing the hand kills synergy and makes the card self-sufficient. I'm sure you all think cards that turn scrying into damage that include the scrying mechanic as well are boring. Combos are fun.

You could do so that, if a reveal mechanic is needed eventually, the target's prey checks the hand. Or their grand prey. Obviously in a two-way that would be you, and makes for a good closer.

It's problematic even if it's once per turn. It's rare that a player gets to reshuffle the whole of their hand even within a whole game turn. Also, I want this to be usable both in a swarm strategy, as well as fewer minions.

It just crossed my mind that it should be seen in balancing if the effect discards the card (makes pumping the action harder, but sniping cards can be devastating and not really that much fun) or not, and definitely if, if it should target master cards. Probably not, both because of flavor, and because calling for a Villein every turn really wrecks plenty of decks.

It could force people to play other pool management tools than Villein, but still, sniping pool recursion makes this unbelievably strong. Possibly. Probably. Maybe. It should be checked in play testing.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 17:36 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds